Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone gun

Default Cell phone gun

Shoots 2 rounds of .380. I like it better than the credit card gun.

https://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...pping-dealers/

Smartphone Handgun in Production, Shipping to Dealers
    10 Jul 2018
    Ideal Conceal smartphone handgun
    Ideal Conceal/YouTube

On March 20, 2016, Breitbart News reported that Kirk Kjellberg created a handgun that looks like a cell phone. The main difference between the handgun and a smartphone is that the former fires two rounds for self-defense while the latter only allows you to dial 911 after you have been attacked and need first responders.

Kjellberg explained that his motivation for making the gun was to give Americans a way to carry their self-defense tool discreetly. He told WHDH, “When a little child, a boy about 7, saw me and said, ‘Mommy, mommy that guy’s got a gun,’ and that whole restaurant of course turns and stares at you, and I thought there’s just gotta be something better to do than this.”

He said his decision to use a smartphone design grew out of his desire to allow people to carry without having “to engage other people about why they’re carrying that gun.”

The Ideal Conceal smartphone guns holds two rounds of .380 auto, and part of the gun folds out to make a grip in the event that the gun is needed in a self-defense situation.

Kjellberg’s smartphone gun is now shipping to dealers around the country.

There is already a holster for the Ideal Conceal smartphone handgun on the market. The holster is designed in a way that contributes to the gun’s appearance as a smartphone.

Default Re: Cell phone gun

It looks like a nifty and ingenious product, which i'm sure many people will get great use out of. I imagine that Kjellberg's smartphone gun will gain a lot more publicity as it begins to ship. I remember seeing something about it back in 2016. I was just wondering if it violates any laws of any sort? Or can you go ahead and order one as soon as it hits the market?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyceHays View Post
    It looks like a nifty and ingenious product, which i'm sure many people will get great use out of. I imagine that Kjellberg's smartphone gun will gain a lot more publicity as it begins to ship. I remember seeing something about it back in 2016. I was just wondering if it violates any laws of any sort? Or can you go ahead and order one as soon as it hits the market?

The atf said it is not a aow. Seeing as you are from California, I have no idea what state and local laws would be.

Page five of the atf document. https://www.idealconceal.com/support...sification.pdf

Another article.

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com...-phone-pistol/

NOW SHIPPING: The Ideal Conceal Folding Cell Phone Pistol
    Pre-orders of the Ideal Conceal, a .380 ACP derringer that looks like a cell phone when folded for carry, are now shipping, the company's CEO has confirmed.

Personal Defense WorldJuly 11, 2018
    Ideal Conceal pistol folded
    A couple of years ago, a certain pistol made headlines after reporters latched onto the fact that it looked like a smartphone when folded. The name of that pistol was the Ideal Conceal. It appears that pre-orders of the Ideal Conceal are now shipping out to customers.

In an update posted to YouTube on July 9, which you can see below, Ideal Conceal CEO Kirk Kjellberg confirmed that pre-orders of the gun are shipping in the order in which they were paid. He also said a few dealers were receiving pre-orders. In addition, Kjellberg stated that the company is developing a line of exclusive holsters to accommodate the gun.

The Ideal Conceal is a .380 ACP derringer that, when folded, is roughly the same size as a Samsung Galaxy S7. To unfold it, you grip and rotate the handle away from the body of the firearm. When fully extended, the handle locks into place. To return the handle to the closed position, you depress the handle lock buttons on either side and rotate the handle in the opposite direction.

To load the Ideal Conceal, you open the breach block by sliding the breach block latch away from the muzzle. Then, you rotate the breach block away from the latch. Next, you insert two .380 ACP rounds into the chambers. Finally, you close the breach block by rotating it into a closed position.

The ATF has stated that the Ideal Conceal is not a NFA firearm.

The Ideal Conceal is listed at $575 on the company’s website. Check out the specs on the gun, as supplied by The Firearm Blog in a review a couple of months ago. In addition, see the progress update, as well as a video showing the Ideal Conceal in action.

For more, visit idealconceal.com.

Ideal Conceal Specs

Weight: 18.3 Ounces (Unloaded)
    Length: 5.5″
    Width: 0.75″
    Height: 3″ (Collapsed; Folded In)
    Height: 5.1875″ (Extended; Folded Out)
    Body & Frame is 100 percent Aluminum
    Made in the U.S.A.

(Susquehanna County)

Most folks carry extra extended magazines.. many don't like 1911's because of the limit of 8 rounds..

I do not like thinking I would rest my life on a gimmick with 2 rounds IMHO Also don't much like derringers either
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Philadelphia County)

Strangely, in the letter the ATF said that the gun would be subject to NFA rules and would be considered an AOW if it is used "without the pistol grip attached".
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyceHays View Post
    Welcome to the site, Hollywood.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

"Ideal" is just the brand name, because it's not ideal.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Clearfield County)

Its really big for a .380 derringer, you could get a friggin bond arms .45 for the same money

(York County)

Barely better than no gun at all. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by kimtyson View Post
    Barely better than no gun at all. Pass.
    Still better than a pointy stick and a mighty shirt! I would shoot one if the opportunity presented itself. Don't think I would buy it at the current price. IMO some of the weird folding guns are neat, they just lack practicality.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast