Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cell phone gun

(Erie County)

Default Re: Cell phone gun

0 gigs and no jack for my ear buds.

Is it self reloading like an obama phone? Reloads once a month?

An updated article on the cell phone gun.

http://www.fox9.com/news/handgun-tha...its-the-market

Handgun that looks like a cell phone hits the market
    OSSEO, Minn. (FOX 9)
    - At the Osseo Gun Club, Kirk Kjellberg has set his sights on a pistol that hides in plain sight.

"To bring something all the way from what's in your mind to the sales floor or out to people has been a dream of mine since I can remember,” said Kjellberg. “So to fulfill that is fantastic for me."

Kjellberg says he came up with the idea for a cell phone pistol back in 2016 as a more discreet way for law-abiding citizens to carry a concealed weapon.

"It is a double barrel 380 Derringer,” he said. “You pull the handle down to make it active."

On the surface, it looks like a smart phone in its case, but the handle drops down and with a click, it is ready to fire.

"It’s to avoid people seeing it and being afraid themselves because it’s a pistol," said Kjellberg.

He says it took more than two years to bring the cell phone pistol to market. He sold about 400 last year and has shipped about 50 more since Ideal Conceal took over assembling them a couple of months ago.

"Luckily for us, I hope no one ever uses it,” he said. “For the rest of my life, if ever. I never want anyone to have to use it."

Critics, like U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, have taken aim at Kjellberg's pet project, calling it a disaster waiting to happen. But Kjellberg says it is designed to be used in close quarters for self-defense and it only holds two rounds.

"We got a lot of [criticism] like that like, 'You can walk onto an airplane with it,'” said Kjellberg. “It’s 18 ounces of solid metal. It shows up on metal detectors. We've helped train TSA and everyone to recognize it as a gun."

Kjellberg says he doesn't ship to private parties. Buyers have to go through an authorized gun dealer who can perform a background check.

He says as far as he knows only one state, Illinois, has passed legislation banning guns that look like cell phones.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    "I say that the majority of people watching this can't draw from a holster in 1.6 seconds (like I just did from my pocket)."

Horseshit.
    Most qualifications require a sub-second draw and fire.
    That means about half the time that it takes this guy to draw with his hand already on the gun in his pocket, already oriented for minimal fumbling.
    I get selling your product, but don't make shit up and expect people to believe it, it makes you sound like an asshole.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    "I say that the majority of people watching this can't draw from a holster in 1.6 seconds (like I just did from my pocket)."

Horseshit.
    Most qualifications require a sub-second draw and fire.
    Most people watching that probably aren't "qualifying". Having said that, it's just a novelty.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    Most people watching that probably aren't "qualifying". Having said that, it's just a novelty.
    What bothers me is that the guy is holding the gun in his pocket properly oriented in his hand, then pulling it out and "comparing" himself to a regular draw.
    Well he's full of shit, because a regular draw does not start with your hand on the gun, you have to grab it and orient correctly instantly.
    Have him start his draw with his hands down by his sides or out in front of him if he wants to claim a comparison to a real draw.
    It's cheap carnival showmanship and it stinks.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    What bothers me is that the guy is holding the gun in his pocket properly oriented in his hand, then pulling it out and "comparing" himself to a regular draw.
    Well he's full of shit, because a regular draw does not start with your hand on the gun, you have to grab it and orient correctly instantly.
    Have him start his draw with his hands down by his sides or out in front of him if he wants to claim a comparison to a real draw.
    It's cheap carnival showmanship and it stinks.
    That’s right. ^^^^. I was going to call that guy some names but you covered it nicely.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

What's really stupid about this that nobody has mentioned is that smart phones are targets for theft. If you are being robbed and they see the shape of a cell phone in your pocket or in a carrier on your belt, they will demand you hand it over. At least if you have a "normal" gun IWB or well concealed in another way, then it would be less likely they will know about it and then take it.

(Allegheny County)

I didn't realize the brick phone was making a comeback.

That thing is HUGE.

There are several, reliable semi auto 380s on the market that are much smaller and... well, nevermind. That thing is just dumb.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
    What's really stupid about this that nobody has mentioned is that smart phones are targets for theft. If you are being robbed and they see the shape of a cell phone in your pocket or in a carrier on your belt, they will demand you hand it over. At least if you have a "normal" gun IWB or well concealed in another way, then it would be less likely they will know about it and then take it.
    So essentially, they'd be asking you to draw that weapon?

Asking for a friend.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast