Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Live in NYS want a full carry pistol permit in Pa. Currently have a Full Carry in NYS

Title states all...I live in NYS (off rt 84) have a Full Carry in NYS want a Full carry in Pa. Where can I go and what do I need to get a license ?

Default Re: Live in NYS want a full carry pistol permit in Pa. Currently have a Full Carry in

Once you either leave NY You have to surrender your License ! You can get an Non-Resident LTCF but need to show an address in Pa. Not sure how NY looks upon being licensed in two States but knowing NY you should consult with your issuing authority in NY before trying to circumvent NYs Laws ! IANAL but GUNLAWYER is on this site with more corrective info than what I gave ! MDT

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Live in NYS want a full carry pistol permit in Pa. Currently have a Full Carry in

What do you mean by "full carry" and how did you pull that off in New York?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    Once you either leave NY You have to surrender your License ! You can get an Non-Resident LTCF but need to show an address in Pa. Not sure how NY looks upon being licensed in two States but knowing NY you should consult with your issuing authority in NY before trying to circumvent NYs Laws ! IANAL but GUNLAWYER is on this site with more corrective info than what I gave ! MDT
    I think the OP wants a non res Pa ltcf.

Best bet is to call a few county sheriff departments close by and ask if they will issue to NYS resident. If your permit is unrestricted some will issue. I'm guessing Bradford county may be a possibility. As a non-resident you can shop around. After that all you need is $20, and to fill out the form. If you meet the requirements (and you should)
    your LTCF will be issued anywhere from the same day to 45 days depending on the department. You do have to apply in person, so seeking a department that issues instantly would be convenient. FWIW my county issues immediately upon clearing PICS, and does issue to NYS residents with unrestricted permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    What do you mean by "full carry" and how did you pull that off in New York?
    It's not uncommon for rural counties in the NYS to issue unrestricted pistol permits (as I believe they're called).
    It all depends on the local and the local judge. If the judge likes his job, and the area is pro 2A then they tend to sign off on unrestricted permits. It's a lengthy process.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    You don't need to have a PA address to get a non res license. That would kinda defeat the point. I don't think the op is trying to circumvent anything. It sounds like he already has a NY carry permit. He just wants a PA ltcf for when he's traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    It's not uncommon for rural counties in the NYS to issue unrestricted pistol permits (as I believe they're called).
    It all depends on the local and the local judge. If the judge likes his job, and the area is pro 2A then they tend to sign off on unrestricted permits. It's a lengthy process.
    ^^this^^
    I've met a few people from upstate that have a NY carry permit. It's a much longer drawn out process than PA, but it's doable in much of upstate NY.

It's best to call around and find a county that will issue same day to non residents. By law all counties are supposed to issue non resident ltcf, but many do not. You might have to drive a couple hours to find one that is easy to do same day unfortunately. I believe a lot of the border counties are more problematic.

My friend at work is a NY resident and got a PA non resident lctf. He couldn't believe how easy it was. He got his in Harrisburg. Pike County no longer issues these.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Thank you for explaining.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Centre County)

IIRC, PA will not issue a non resident LTCF to a resident of a state that requires a carry license from that state and does not have one. If the resident of the state that requires a carry license already HAS their carry license from that state, PA will issue the non resident LTCF. The NY licensed person should check with a few close to him county sheriffs departments to see which one will issue to them.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

The little voices in my head want to ask OP if he made it through the process of a NYS license/permit WHY is he coming here asking advice vs researching the law. Oh how I struggle some days to keep my filter in place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast