Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Live in NYS want a full carry pistol permit in Pa. Currently have a Full Carry in

There are actually a few of us PA residents with a NY license ;-) Rare like unicorns

But most counties not bordering NY, NJ and MD where a urban area exists will issue Non-Resident permits. As stated earlier he can call around and find one.
    The counties that require the non-resident own property in PA are in violation with PA Laws
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Live in NYS want a full carry pistol permit in Pa. Currently have a Full Carry in

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    The little voices in my head want to ask OP if he made it through the process of a NYS license/permit WHY is he coming here asking advice vs researching the law. Oh how I struggle some days to keep my filter in place.
    PA does not recognize his NY, and he may want to come here. Just sayin'...

The little voices in my head want to ask OP if he made it through the process of a NYS license/permit WHY is he coming here asking advice vs researching the law. Oh how I struggle some days to keep my filter in place.
    I don't see anything nefarious going on with the OP. It comes up every few months or so. Obtaining an unrestricted NY license isn't complicated, or require lengthy research.
    It's just intentionally lengthy and drawn out. Before the SAFE act they were good for life unless revoked. Now they expire every few years ( not precisely sure), so that process now needs to takes place often, which is also intentional.

(Wyoming County)

I hear ya. I'm struggling to keep my filter in place just based on a few of the responses to the OP. The ones filled with garbage and false info

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    I don't see anything nefarious going on with the OP. It comes up every few months or so. Obtaining an unrestricted NY license isn't complicated, or require lengthy research.
    It's just intentionally lengthy and drawn out. Before the SAFE act they were good for life unless revoked. Now they expire every few years ( not precisely sure), so that process now needs to takes place often, which is also intentional.
    I agree there I read nothing nefarious into the question, specially since several PA counties will not issue a non-resident to a NY resident unless they own land in that county.

Obtaining a NY pistol permit.. well..
    A. You must be a resident and apply in your residence county - most will only issue "Target/Hunting" for 1st year and require you attend an approved CCW class and write an essay to the Judge
    or
    B. work in NY and apply in that county, IF they issue it will only be "Target/Hunting" for 1st year and require you attend an approved CCW class and write an essay to the Judge
    or
    C. own a business and apply in that county - normally restricted to only the address of the business

Yes there are exceptions. Chenango and Broome Counties WILL NOT issue to non-residents and will smugly say you can pay your non-refundable fee and we will still just deny it.
    even after Broome signed an agreement with Susquehanna County Sheriff so Broome residents with permits could apply for a PA Non-res LTCF

I live in Susquehanna but work in Tioga NY. At first they wouldn't but after a good conversation they said I could apply. 4 months after submitted ALL paperwork the Judge approved my permit with "Target/Hunting". After 1 year I sent the Judge a letter with my history, training and how seriously I take CCW and about 1 month later he approved my NY State Unrestricted CCW Pistol Permit

7/12/2018 - just found out today that now NY requires non-residents to get a non-driver NY state ID from the DMV to renew or apply for a pistol permit.. however I called DMV and they have to look up how to issue a non-resident NY State non-driver ID ????
    Last edited by Parrisk; July 11th, 2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12