Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Restaurant worker sucker punched, colleague w/ccw pulls gun on perp

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    A blow to the head can be quite lethal......she was justified to use deadly force to defend herself.
    Agree, it would have been a justifiable shoot (in fear for her life, with no means of escape) and she would have avoided prosecution*. I’m also glad she didn’t decide to shoot.

*I’m not a lawyer, but do watch Blue Bloods every Friday.

Although I'd cheer her for taking out that woman-abusing thug, I believe she did the right or at least safe thing legally by not killing him since she was defending someone else who was the victim of the assault and battery. While someone in the room feared for their life, she was not the direct victim. Of course, there's no saying he was't going to come after her too.

She did a great job in the situation though, I hope she stays safe.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Knowing when and when not to shoot,this Lady exhibited extreme self control ! Perp retreated and was no longer a threat,she would make a good LEO candidate !

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Hate crime?

crickets
    Why would this be a hate crime ??
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Well, as you should know, EVERY TIME a person of color, a Muslim or a homosexual is attacked, hate crime charges are recommended or filed using the justification that it was racially-motivated (or you hate gays), even if it were a random crime.

So using that logic we've been taught, a black person attacking a white person should ALSO be called a racially-motivated hate crime...as with a man attacking a woman. This "should" be called a double hate crime.

I feel like you're being very sarcastic with your question.

Of course my view is that ANY TIME you attack ANY other person for ANY reason...that is a hate crime, no matter what color, religion or who you want to have sex with. Every assult is a hate crime. No one attacks someone out of love.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Well, as you should know, EVERY TIME a person of color, a Muslim or a homosexual is attacked, hate crime charges are recommended or filed using the justification that it was racially-motivated (or you hate gays), even if it were a random crime.

So using that logic we've been taught, a black person attacking a white person should ALSO be called a racially-motivated hate crime...as with a man attacking a woman. This "should" be called a double hate crime.

I feel like you're being very sarcastic with your question.

Of course my view is that ANY TIME you attack ANY other person for ANY reason...that is a hate crime, no matter what color, religion or who you want to have sex with. Every assult is a hate crime. No one attacks someone out of love.
    I don't agree that every time a person of color is attacked by a white person, it is a hate crime and by hate crime I am talking the LEGAL definition of it. Yes, attacking anyone is hateful and in that sense EVERY assault could be classified a hate crime. So, my question still stands.....I don't see how this qualifies as a hate crime, under the CURRENT hate crime statute. And no, I don't do sarcasm. When I ask a question or make a statement, it is EXACTLY what I am thinking.

Here's one actuallt called a hate crime against a white man, in San Fran somehow!

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article...n-13060169.php
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    The perp was black, the victim white.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    The perp was black, the victim white.
    So ??? If thats all it takes, do you how many hate crime fights I have been in ???

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Here's one actuallt called a hate crime against a white man, in San Fran somehow!

https://www.sfgate.com/crime/article...n-13060169.php
    When you are yelling “fuck Honkey” while hitting a white guy, yes, its a hate crime. The hate crime statute should be rarely used. Regardless of who is doing the hate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast