Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Had a ND today.

Threaded View

(Delaware County)

Default Had a ND today.

I am posting this here so others can learn from my mistake. first, i am lucky all the other rules of gun safty kept me out of any serious bodily harm. i had just got back to my house after going to the gun shop and trading in my glock 23 for a new 19. my glock 23 has always been my carry gun and i was planning to carry the 19. so i loaded up the mag and chambered a round. the problem came when i decided to carry the shield i also got today instead of the glock. i always drop the mag and check clear, but for some reason i didnt this time. i wanted to see the difference in trigger pull between my modified 23 and the factory 19. so i aimed in a safe direction while seated at my workbench and pulled the trigger. sending a hornady 124gr xtp hollow point through my keyboard where it lodged into a stud on my workbench top. hindsight is always 20/20. but i can tell you, nothing gives you more clarity on always following th 4 rules no matter what, then experincing a ND. Thank god nobody was hurt, with the exception of my pride, and my keyboard.

Last edited by messeduprex; July 8th, 2018 at 02:01 AM.