Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,344
    Rep Power
    8086821

    Default Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Student-led rallies around the country on Saturday aimed to show support for gun rights, though their effort drew smaller-than-expected crowds in a bid to counter the well-funded and organized youth gun-control lobby that emerged after the massacre in a Florida high school earlier this year.
    https://www.oregonlive.com/today/ind...n_rallies.html

    These kids can't own firearms. These kids can't vote. These kids don't have the NEA and Mike Bloomberg paying their expenses.

    Let's see how things go in November and beyond.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North East PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,689
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Gun owners in general suck at this. Turnout is always bad. I think it's complacency and the fact that we have to work. We all say from my cold dead hands but can't even take the time to show up at a rally. I think blaming Bloomberg is a copout.
    "Take the guns first, then worry about due process" Trump

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    POCONO MOUNTAINS, PENNSYLVANIA, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,491
    Rep Power
    20351389

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    These turnouts are not even close to when the Silent Majority turns out to VOTE ! PRO 2A All the way !

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    warminster, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    2,231
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    i'd rather they turn out for elections, than put a bullseye on their asses for law-enforcement.

    oh...sorry...that makes me a fudd.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Florida and Pine Grove, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Age
    66
    Posts
    815
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Rallies in Chicago and LA? Surprised they found anyone. And going against peer pressure when you are 17 is daunting.
    Also, protesting to keep a right you already have is a tough sell. There's nothing to protest and things are looking stable with SCOTUS. What, me worry?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Zelienople, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)
    Posts
    4,323
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Where's OUR George Soros-type sugar daddy? Millions of dollars and Astroturf organizations go a long way towards organizing coordinated nationwide protests.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,101
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Rallies in Chicago and LA? Surprised they found anyone. And going against peer pressure when you are 17 is daunting.
    Also, protesting to keep a right you already have is a tough sell. There's nothing to protest and things are looking stable with SCOTUS. What, me worry?
    Not to mention adults who are the ones that can own guns tend to have other responsibilities. Kids have a lot more free time to do whatever they want. I was cutting apart an 80 foot tree that fell across my back fence yesterday. It’s rare that I would have time on a Saturday where I don’t have some responsibility or another.

    A lot of teens don’t have the responsibilities of adults giving them the time to attend rallies and do whatever they want.
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,344
    Rep Power
    8086821

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Gun owners in general suck at this. Turnout is always bad. I think it's complacency and the fact that we have to work. We all say from my cold dead hands but can't even take the time to show up at a rally. I think blaming Bloomberg is a copout.
    Blaming Bloomberg for creating a false story and bankrolling demonstrations is fact. The man is an unhinged Sociopath who thinks that he's Lord and Savior. He credits himself with increasing the lifespan of NYC residents while he was their dictator.

    His colleagues in the Media - Bloomberg makes his living dispensing bullshit to gullible people - are trying to convince us that resistance is futile.


    People don't care about gun rights because they see a demonstration. People care about gun rights because they own a gun. When people own a gun and some politician says that they shouldn't they get pissed and flame said politician. Politicians see the light when they feel the heat.


    The best way to help people own a gun is to expose them to shooting. Next, to clear their way by supporting gun rights organizations with money. I personally donate a lot of money to the NRA and other groups. This helps them to work the System to leave this control freaks and sociopathic nitwits out in the cold.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    NEPA...Lake Wallenpaupack, Pennsylvania
    (Wayne County)
    Posts
    536
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Sorry for the turnout thingy...we work for a living.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North East PA, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,689
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Blaming Bloomberg for creating a false story and bankrolling demonstrations is fact. The man is an unhinged Sociopath who thinks that he's Lord and Savior. He credits himself with increasing the lifespan of NYC residents while he was their dictator.

    His colleagues in the Media - Bloomberg makes his living dispensing bullshit to gullible people - are trying to convince us that resistance is futile.


    People don't care about gun rights because they see a demonstration. People care about gun rights because they own a gun. When people own a gun and some politician says that they shouldn't they get pissed and flame said politician. Politicians see the light when they feel the heat.


    The best way to help people own a gun is to expose them to shooting. Next, to clear their way by supporting gun rights organizations with money. I personally donate a lot of money to the NRA and other groups. This helps them to work the System to leave this control freaks and sociopathic nitwits out in the cold.
    I realize Bloomberg funds a lot of protests. All I'm saying is if he didn't the anti nit wits would still show up in droves. Most gun owners are working or taking care of their family so they don't really care that much about a rally. I love guns and I've been to one in my life. Just one. That's pretty sad. I wasn't really shitting on these kids, just making an observation. I do support gun rights with votes and money. I'm a member of the NRA, JPFO, GOA, IDPA and USPSA. I'm always sending money to the NRA. I even signed up for Patriot mobile for my cell phone service and set my donation to the NRA. Their service sucks by the way. Every shirt I wear is supporting a gun company, the NRA or a Veterans organization. I guess that's better than screaming nonsense with a sign on the street.
    "Take the guns first, then worry about due process" Trump

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 72
    Last Post: March 13th, 2018, 12:59 PM
  2. Philadelphia Gun Rights Rally
    By edstephan in forum Political
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 10th, 2013, 11:48 AM
  3. Gun Rights Rally In Albany.
    By Brick in forum National
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 1st, 2013, 09:18 AM
  4. PA guns rights rally
    By Headhunter 13 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 18th, 2007, 07:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops