Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

Student-led rallies around the country on Saturday aimed to show support for gun rights, though their effort drew smaller-than-expected crowds in a bid to counter the well-funded and organized youth gun-control lobby that emerged after the massacre in a Florida high school earlier this year.
    https://www.oregonlive.com/today/ind...n_rallies.html

These kids can't own firearms. These kids can't vote. These kids don't have the NEA and Mike Bloomberg paying their expenses.

Let's see how things go in November and beyond.

Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

Gun owners in general suck at this. Turnout is always bad. I think it's complacency and the fact that we have to work. We all say from my cold dead hands but can't even take the time to show up at a rally. I think blaming Bloomberg is a copout.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

These turnouts are not even close to when the Silent Majority turns out to VOTE ! PRO 2A All the way !

(Bucks County)

i'd rather they turn out for elections, than put a bullseye on their asses for law-enforcement.

oh...sorry...that makes me a fudd.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Schuylkill County)

Rallies in Chicago and LA? Surprised they found anyone. And going against peer pressure when you are 17 is daunting.
    Also, protesting to keep a right you already have is a tough sell. There's nothing to protest and things are looking stable with SCOTUS. What, me worry?

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Where's OUR George Soros-type sugar daddy? Millions of dollars and Astroturf organizations go a long way towards organizing coordinated nationwide protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Coops View Post
    Rallies in Chicago and LA? Surprised they found anyone. And going against peer pressure when you are 17 is daunting.
    Also, protesting to keep a right you already have is a tough sell. There's nothing to protest and things are looking stable with SCOTUS. What, me worry?
    Not to mention adults who are the ones that can own guns tend to have other responsibilities. Kids have a lot more free time to do whatever they want. I was cutting apart an 80 foot tree that fell across my back fence yesterday. It’s rare that I would have time on a Saturday where I don’t have some responsibility or another.

A lot of teens don’t have the responsibilities of adults giving them the time to attend rallies and do whatever they want.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Gun owners in general suck at this. Turnout is always bad. I think it's complacency and the fact that we have to work. We all say from my cold dead hands but can't even take the time to show up at a rally. I think blaming Bloomberg is a copout.
    Blaming Bloomberg for creating a false story and bankrolling demonstrations is fact. The man is an unhinged Sociopath who thinks that he's Lord and Savior. He credits himself with increasing the lifespan of NYC residents while he was their dictator.

His colleagues in the Media - Bloomberg makes his living dispensing bullshit to gullible people - are trying to convince us that resistance is futile.

People don't care about gun rights because they see a demonstration. People care about gun rights because they own a gun. When people own a gun and some politician says that they shouldn't they get pissed and flame said politician. Politicians see the light when they feel the heat.

The best way to help people own a gun is to expose them to shooting. Next, to clear their way by supporting gun rights organizations with money. I personally donate a lot of money to the NRA and other groups. This helps them to work the System to leave this control freaks and sociopathic nitwits out in the cold.

(Wayne County)

Sorry for the turnout thingy...we work for a living.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    Blaming Bloomberg for creating a false story and bankrolling demonstrations is fact. The man is an unhinged Sociopath who thinks that he's Lord and Savior. He credits himself with increasing the lifespan of NYC residents while he was their dictator.

His colleagues in the Media - Bloomberg makes his living dispensing bullshit to gullible people - are trying to convince us that resistance is futile.

People don't care about gun rights because they see a demonstration. People care about gun rights because they own a gun. When people own a gun and some politician says that they shouldn't they get pissed and flame said politician. Politicians see the light when they feel the heat.

The best way to help people own a gun is to expose them to shooting. Next, to clear their way by supporting gun rights organizations with money. I personally donate a lot of money to the NRA and other groups. This helps them to work the System to leave this control freaks and sociopathic nitwits out in the cold.
    I realize Bloomberg funds a lot of protests. All I'm saying is if he didn't the anti nit wits would still show up in droves. Most gun owners are working or taking care of their family so they don't really care that much about a rally. I love guns and I've been to one in my life. Just one. That's pretty sad. I wasn't really shitting on these kids, just making an observation. I do support gun rights with votes and money. I'm a member of the NRA, JPFO, GOA, IDPA and USPSA. I'm always sending money to the NRA. I even signed up for Patriot mobile for my cell phone service and set my donation to the NRA. Their service sucks by the way. Every shirt I wear is supporting a gun company, the NRA or a Veterans organization. I guess that's better than screaming nonsense with a sign on the street.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast