Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    (Elk County)

Default Re: Trumps Short List who will be best for 2A?

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Next time, (and there will be a next time), Trump should keep a list of 20 open, so they have to print up a shit load of signs...
    . . . and then Trump announces someone not even on the list . . .

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Wayne County)

Was little Davy Hogg in DC with his bus and little band of bandits? They have plenty of free time on their hands to print signs.

(Berks County)

It would have been awesome if he said, "I appoint Barack Hussein Obama as Supreme Court Justice", then paused for about 30 seconds and said, "Just kidding", with a big smile on his face.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Carbon County)

Kavanaugh was not my first or second pick, but he’s a hell of a lot better than anyone Hillary would have selected
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Hahahahaha Crazy Bernie:

Dr. Depends fighting to maintain his relevance. Liberty and Depends for all!
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Hahahahaha Crazy Bernie:

ARE YOU READY!

I sure am ready to hear that he has kicked the bucket.

Sounds like he gets winded just giving one speech.

I immediately looked up his 2A stances last night during the speech. He is ROCK SOLID. On everything, but especially on the 2A.

Great choice!

The only thing Bernie is ready for is a haircut. At least buy a comb, man. How can anyone vote for a guy that can't even take care of himself?
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Columbia County)

I glad we didn't get stuck with anti gun Amy.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Hello Pyld. How d'ya like him now?

If Hillary won, I'd be having a boating accident about now. Scalia would have been replaced by a radical, and it would be Ginsburg retiring, not Kennedy.
    Last edited by scruff; July 10th, 2018 at 11:06 AM.

If Hillary won, I'd be having a boating accident about now. Scalia would have been replaced by a radical, and it would be Ginsburg retiring, not Kennedy.

And instead of the left screaming about Roe vs. Wade, the pro gunners on the right would would be screaming and pulling their hair out over Heller be repealed and every concern the left has right now, the right would have.

And in the case of Heller it would be a truly founded worried.

In the End, Kennedy was a Reagan pick, even though he was disappointing in some areas, he was not a full blown left pick.
    If any court cases do come before the Supreme Court, I do not think it will get reversed with the current make up of the court.

However, if Hillary had won, she would have replaced Scalia. With the Republicans controlling the Senate, she would have had to bargain and may not have gotten a radically left pick, but all it would take would be one or two defections for her to get who she wants. And I can can guarantee that even a non radical pick would be anti. Replacing Scalia with an anti would have been a death knell for the freedoms we still have with the 2nd.

When I think of the prospect of Hillary having at least 2 Supreme Court picks, maybe 3 if Kennedy had decided to step down during her term, It paint a bad picture for the 2nd. And most of knew it and that’s why we supported him.

But there are still people who claim to support the 2nd that are neverTrumpers and will vote against the 2nd again in 2020. Either by not voting at all, voting 3rd party, or voting for the democrat in the election.

The 2nd is still going to be an issue. I do not think Ginsberg will retire during Trumps current term. I don’t think she will make it without retiring until 2025. Either way I want someone who is pro constitution replacing Ginsberg. I don’t think anyone the left will put up will do that. Replacing Ginsberg will give the 2nd some breathing room.

Not to mention other what ifs. We all assume that the younger court members are going to dominate the court for the next 20-30 years. But anything can happen any time. A heart attack, stroke, etc..... could hit anyone left or right on the court. We need someone in power to make sure that if a Gorsuch is incapacitated, he is replaced with someone 2nd friendly.

2016 DEMONSTRATED JUST HOW MUCH ELECTIONS MATTER!

And it’s not just Trump. Do you remember how many people said they would not vote for Toomey? I don't like Toomey, but just think about how things would be going right now if McGinty won in 2016. Instead of the current senate being 51-49, it would be 50-50. With McCain being out it would basically be 49-50 in favor of the Democrats. We are already on a razors edge, it would be a totally different dynamic with McGinty in there. She was a true anti, Toomey is not perfect but was clearly the better choice there. Him getting in is paying off for us now.

A lot of people like to say all the candidates are the same it does not matter who I vote for. Or this guy is not perfect, he’s got this, this , and this against him, I am not voting to teach the party a lesson. It sounds principled, but they are actively hurting the survival of the 2nd.

At this point in time, that type of thinking is suicide for the 2nd. Not voting for pro 2nd candidates because they are not perfect is hurting the 2nd.

I hope Never Trumpers and Never Toomeys wake up and see that politics is not a game and their vote matters. If too many people in Pa had bought into the negative hype about Trump and Toomey we would be the ones gnashing our teeth today. Personally I would like to thank everyone who does not wait for their politically perfect candidate, bit the bullet and were willing to vote for the best candidates in the races and is making the current actions possible.

If a lot of people had their way in 2016, Pyld included, the future of 2nd would be against the ropes today.
    Last edited by internet troll; July 10th, 2018 at 12:05 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast