Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Testing out my homemade suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Funny reading the responses here. I was wondering why my “Don’t be one of those douchebags” thread was deleted without any notice to me! No PM, no email...just mysteriously DELETED! Like it never existed! But the content was: Why is it that some gun owners think they are “junior ATF officers” or something??? How about when you see someone with a silencer, or an SBR or full auto, you KEEP YOUR MOUTHS CLOSED!?? Is it somehow YOUR business all of a sudden, to ask about paperwork? Why is it some people feel the need to point in out a position, to bring attention to wrongdoing?? I remember another group of people that was always concerned with OTHERS paperwork. How about, DONT BE ONE OF THOSE DOUCHEBAGS!

I see now why my thread was so SECRETLY deleted.
    People aren't asking about paperwork to report him to the ATF. People are asking about it to make sure that he has his ass covered.

I saw someone at my club with an EVO Scorpion pistol that he had (unbeknownst to him) turned into an AOW because he had attached a vertical foregrip.

Did I call the ATF and report him? Of course not. But I didn't walk away either. I just said, "Hey, just a heads up, you might want to remove that foregrip, since you need to have a tax stamp for it on that gun." Then I just kept to myself and kept shooting.

Same thing here. It's entirely plausible that the OP incorrectly thought he didn't need a tax stamp because he was making a suppressor. People think it all the time. He said "Not a problem, I Form 1'd it" and everything was cool after that.

I would argue that it's morally right to make sure that your fellow gun enthusiast doesn't lose his gun rights, 10 years of his life, and/or $10,0000, not because he had malicious intent, but because he got strung up by the many hard to understand gun laws out there that screw up more good people than bad.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    People aren't asking about paperwork to report him to the ATF. People are asking about it to make sure that he has his ass covered.

I saw someone at my club with an EVO Scorpion pistol that he had (unbeknownst to him) turned into an AOW because he had attached a vertical foregrip.

Did I call the ATF and report him? Of course not. But I didn't walk away either. I just said, "Hey, just a heads up, you might want to remove that foregrip, since you need to have a tax stamp for it on that gun." Then I just kept to myself and kept shooting.

Same thing here. It's entirely plausible that the OP incorrectly thought he didn't need a tax stamp because he was making a suppressor. People think it all the time. He said "Not a problem, I Form 1'd it" and everything was cool after that.

I would argue that it's morally right to make sure that your fellow gun enthusiast doesn't lose his gun rights, 10 years of his life, and/or $10,0000, not because he had malicious intent, but because he got strung up by the many hard to understand gun laws out there that screw up more good people than bad.

Ok. If you say so. Not sure what would make you think someone DOESNT have a tax stamp.

Telling....

To others.. Don’t be one of THOSE...., well, you know.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Ok. If you say so. Not sure what would make you think someone DOESNT have a tax stamp.

Telling....

To others.. Don’t be one of THOSE...., well, you know.
    Well, consider the dude was bragging to his friends how he just picked up the gun that weekend, and tax stamps take a little bit longer than a day to come back...

Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Well, consider the dude was bragging to his friends how he just picked up the gun that weekend, and tax stamps take a little bit longer than a day to come back...
    What if he bought it 10mos ago and the paperwork was just approved?

Like I said its nobody's business.

(Allegheny County)

Papers or not, good for the OP. This is something we all will want when the SHTF.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Papers or not, good for the OP. This is something we all will want when the SHTF.
    It could come in handy someday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234