Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    8345000

    Default Re: Testing out my homemade suppressor

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Funny reading the responses here. I was wondering why my “Don’t be one of those douchebags” thread was deleted without any notice to me! No PM, no email...just mysteriously DELETED! Like it never existed! But the content was: Why is it that some gun owners think they are “junior ATF officers” or something??? How about when you see someone with a silencer, or an SBR or full auto, you KEEP YOUR MOUTHS CLOSED!?? Is it somehow YOUR business all of a sudden, to ask about paperwork? Why is it some people feel the need to point in out a position, to bring attention to wrongdoing?? I remember another group of people that was always concerned with OTHERS paperwork. How about, DONT BE ONE OF THOSE DOUCHEBAGS!

    I see now why my thread was so SECRETLY deleted.
    People aren't asking about paperwork to report him to the ATF. People are asking about it to make sure that he has his ass covered.

    I saw someone at my club with an EVO Scorpion pistol that he had (unbeknownst to him) turned into an AOW because he had attached a vertical foregrip.

    Did I call the ATF and report him? Of course not. But I didn't walk away either. I just said, "Hey, just a heads up, you might want to remove that foregrip, since you need to have a tax stamp for it on that gun." Then I just kept to myself and kept shooting.

    Same thing here. It's entirely plausible that the OP incorrectly thought he didn't need a tax stamp because he was making a suppressor. People think it all the time. He said "Not a problem, I Form 1'd it" and everything was cool after that.

    I would argue that it's morally right to make sure that your fellow gun enthusiast doesn't lose his gun rights, 10 years of his life, and/or $10,0000, not because he had malicious intent, but because he got strung up by the many hard to understand gun laws out there that screw up more good people than bad.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    1290580

    Default Re: Testing out my homemade suppressor

    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    People aren't asking about paperwork to report him to the ATF. People are asking about it to make sure that he has his ass covered.

    I saw someone at my club with an EVO Scorpion pistol that he had (unbeknownst to him) turned into an AOW because he had attached a vertical foregrip.

    Did I call the ATF and report him? Of course not. But I didn't walk away either. I just said, "Hey, just a heads up, you might want to remove that foregrip, since you need to have a tax stamp for it on that gun." Then I just kept to myself and kept shooting.

    Same thing here. It's entirely plausible that the OP incorrectly thought he didn't need a tax stamp because he was making a suppressor. People think it all the time. He said "Not a problem, I Form 1'd it" and everything was cool after that.

    I would argue that it's morally right to make sure that your fellow gun enthusiast doesn't lose his gun rights, 10 years of his life, and/or $10,0000, not because he had malicious intent, but because he got strung up by the many hard to understand gun laws out there that screw up more good people than bad.

    Ok. If you say so. Not sure what would make you think someone DOESNT have a tax stamp.

    Telling....


    To others.. Don’t be one of THOSE...., well, you know.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    413
    Rep Power
    8345000

    Default Re: Testing out my homemade suppressor

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidH View Post
    Ok. If you say so. Not sure what would make you think someone DOESNT have a tax stamp.

    Telling....


    To others.. Don’t be one of THOSE...., well, you know.
    Well, consider the dude was bragging to his friends how he just picked up the gun that weekend, and tax stamps take a little bit longer than a day to come back...

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,911
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: Testing out my homemade suppressor

    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    Well, consider the dude was bragging to his friends how he just picked up the gun that weekend, and tax stamps take a little bit longer than a day to come back...
    What if he bought it 10mos ago and the paperwork was just approved?

    Like I said its nobody's business.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    SomewhereWestPA, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    4,341
    Rep Power
    20869944

    Default Re: Testing out my homemade suppressor

    Papers or not, good for the OP. This is something we all will want when the SHTF.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Plum, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    1456087

    Default Re: Testing out my homemade suppressor

    Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Papers or not, good for the OP. This is something we all will want when the SHTF.
    It could come in handy someday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Similar Threads

  1. mpx suppressor help w/ testing
    By corey4 in forum NFA/Class 3/Title II
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 25th, 2015, 04:08 PM
  2. Homemade ar-10
    By JUNKMAN JIM in forum Rifles
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: November 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM
  3. homemade suppressor
    By idpasharpshooter in forum NFA/Class 3/Title II
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: April 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
  4. Re: homemade suppressor
    By noeljackson in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 19th, 2009, 04:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops