Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default My LTCF Woes/Story...

As much as I hate long stories I'm about to write one...

Jan 20, 2017 applied for LTCF at Colebrookdale PD, Berks County (our Sheriff roams) and was told that I'd get it in the mail (sounded suspicious to me, others got theirs right then and there).

On or about April 4, 2017 still no LTCF, go to remote outlet at Reading airport and get told that PSP denied it but didn't know why, given appeal form, appeal promptly filed.

On or about April 11, 2017 PSP sends out letter denying appeal on timeliness (appeal must be filed 30 days or less after denial) WTF?

On or about April 13, 2017 receive letter of denial from Sheriff and call lawyer. Lawyer says, "Gimme $100 first and we'll have a chat". I know that any lawyer will want and need my criminal background check so I promptly apply for my Criminal Access Report and begin process of filing for pardon.

Sometime in June, 2017 call Harrisburg six weeks after filing for CAR, get told it takes up to six months. WTF!!

Call in October, 2017 at 6 months plus, get told, "Oh, it's right here about to me sent". WTF!!!!! It was probably in that same position for 4 1/2 months. All it tells about is my non-violent M2 from 1977, not a disqualifier. WTF!!!

October, 2017 request all data relevant to case to file for pardon from Chesco, the location of the event, should take a week because it's so old it's in archives.

November, 2017 call Chesco to see where the hell my file is, no answer, no return call. WTF!!!

December, 2017 call Chesco and relentlessly dig until I get a person who finds file on desk of woman who is out for the week. Receive full case report shortly thereafter but it is missing some stuff that I either need or need a letter stating that they don't have it.

December, 2017 + occasionally try to get someone there to no avail, have to get this stuff before October, 2018 or I'll need another Criminal Access Report to file for pardon.

July 2, 2018 really getting frustrated, contact lawyer, want $ and they'll chat. Decide that best route is to go apply for LTCF again and get new rejection and file more timely appeal, go from there.

July 5, 2018 Go see sheriff and show him all my stuff, his late denial, PSP refusal to accept appeal, Criminal Access Report and DMV record littered with speeding tickets. He says WTF!!! He can't understand why it was denied and they don't tell him. It is not at his discretion if PSP denies it he has to deny it. We decide that my plan to reapply is the way to go and vio FUCKING la, it goes through and LTCF is issued. All told maybe ten minutes in his office. WTF!!!! Welcome to America.

Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: My LTCF Woes/Story...

Damn that is a crappy situation. It's great that you have your LTCF now and all is well, but the bureaucracy really did screw you and cause way more trouble than you should have had.

(Delaware County)

Wait, I am confused. You needed a Pardon ??? Happy ya got you LTCF.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]As much as I hate long stories I'm about to write one...

Jan 20, 2017 applied for LTCF at Colebrookdale PD, Berks County (our Sheriff roams) and was told that I'd get it in the mail (sounded suspicious to me, others got theirs right then and there).

Dude, just move out of Filthadelphia already and make it easier on yourself.

Oh, wait. Nevermind !

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Wait, I am confused. You needed a Pardon ??? Happy ya got you LTCF.
    No, I was in the process of applying for one thinking it was my only recourse since I was denied and didn't appeal in time according to PSP. When I went to reapply and get a timely appeal the application was successful without a pardon and all of the rest was for naught. On one hand I am a tad aggravated by the bureaucracy but on the other hand I am tickled silly that it ended up being as easy as reapplying and not spending hundreds or thousands on an unneeded process. Accordingly, the glee of it ending here (until renewal time anyway) far overrides the aggravation. This is a monkey off of my back. When's the next walk around Abington?

(Bucks County)

Now you have to pray that no one overseeing the record of denial catches on to your having been issued LTCF anyway and questions it.

(Berks County)

Should have acted faster. It doesn’t take months and there is a time written into the law.

What was m2 all about?

How fast do you drive?

No learning without paying.

Why are you adverse to paying lawyers? If you paid one you would have gotten your ltcf a year ago.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Should have acted faster. It doesn’t take months and there is a time written into the law.

What was m2 all about?

How fast do you drive?

No learning without paying.

Why are you adverse to paying lawyers? If you paid one you would have gotten your ltcf a year ago.
    I'm adverse to paying anyone anything without receiving something of material value in return, even then I'm pretty frugal. I'm not so sure that a lawyer would have gotten it earlier for me, they wouldn't give me a whisper to that effect without imparting them with some of my hard earned cash. It would be more appropriate to ask them why they can't offer up any input at all on the situation at hand without getting some take first. If I had felt that they could help I would have spent the money. I actually do have a lawyer in Royersford who does that for me, he also bills me for time spent, not me paying him before time is spent but he is not a firearms lawyer. I would have also reached out to him for that reason to see what he would say if I went that route. He sends me a bill for $50.00 when I call him. I also expect that any lawyer handling the case would want to take a peek at that Criminal Access Record and I doubt that they could have gotten that any faster out of Harrisburg. IMO any lawyer who didn't want to see that first would be imprudently spending time on my case so I wasn't doing anything until I had that. It's not what I say is in there that matters, it's what they say.

As far as me skeleton in the closet I ain't tellin'. And I have broken 100 MPH but don't think I've ever broken 110, 80 MPH used to be a regular occurrence. I'm not in as big a hurry as I used to be and I fly my own Cessna to save time.

(Berks County)

I wouldn't issue you a LTCF. You are one shady looking dude...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    I wouldn't issue you a LTCF. You are one shady looking dude...
    I hear ya, and my character is even shadier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast