Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Need advice on a concealed carry pistol

Drop money on a pistol if you want..

But have you looked at the holster you are using???

A QUALITY hybrid with some adjustable cant and a large leather sweatshield "might" make that 92 a nice carry
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    Asking here you'll only receive answers about what each member likes or would consider for himself. Go to a rental range and rent and try several different brands and types of mid-size to ultra-compact pistol and revolvers and choose the one that fits your hand
    waistline and wallet and that you can shoot most accurately as your carry piece.
    Sage advice here ...we all have our favorites....

(Bucks County)

Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Over the weekend i was researching the Spring Field XD E. I saw it came out 2017 and won the NRA tactical gun of the year. It has all the features im looking for, only difference is safety is on the frame, not the slide, What do you guys think of the XD E?
    I've got nothing against the XD, I have an XD45, but being designated the NRA tactical gun of the year means fuck all.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by mokoitis View Post
    H&K P30sk - a version can be had with ambi. safety & decocker - VERY nice gun!
    I shot one and wasn’t too impressed. My finger rubbed raw on the trigger guard since the trigger goes through that inside groove. I also caught on the paddle mag release. Preferred PX4 trigger.

(Chester County)

Px4 compact will be lighter than 92fs and can type f is decocker safety.

(Bucks County)

If you want to carry a full-sized pistol, and you do a lot of sitting (e.g. driving, sitting behind a desk, etc), then you might want to consider using a shoulder rig.

You just need to be sure to train yourself to draw properly so that you don't sweep your support arm. Galco, a popular maker of shoulder rigs, has some videos on how to safely draw and re-holster with a shoulder rig.

If you're worried about sweeping the people standing next to you, then get a vertical shoulder rig. This will allow you to keep the gun pointed downward while you draw it out of the holster and bring it around your body. Unfortunately, with horizontal carry rigs (e.g. Galco Miami Classic), it's difficult to avoid sweeping the people on your support side.

Most people find that shoulder rigs have a slower draw than the other common waist carry methods. Based on my own experience, this is true if you're standing. If you're sitting, a shoulder rig is faster. This is especially the case when you're in the driver's seat of a car and have your seat belt fastened.

Shoulder rigs can be comfortable, but you have to be sure that you get one that is properly designed and adjusted to fit your body. If you don't, your pistol will flop around and/or you'll feel shoulder and neck strain. FWIW, I've had good luck with the Galco rigs.

I realize this is an indirect answer to your question. However, it's something to consider before you go out and buy a new pistol. If in the end you decide to sell your 92FS, let me know
    Last edited by PewPewPtwang; August 22nd, 2018 at 01:13 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by PewPewPtwang View Post
    If you want to carry a full-sized pistol, and you do a lot of sitting (e.g. driving, sitting behind a desk, etc), then you might want to consider using a shoulder rig.

You just need to be sure to train yourself to draw properly so that you don't sweep your support arm. Galco, a popular maker of shoulder rigs, has some videos on how to safely draw and re-holster with a shoulder rig.

If you're worried about sweeping the people standing next to you, then get a vertical shoulder rig. This will allow you to keep the gun pointed downward while you draw it out of the holster and bring it around your body. Unfortunately, with horizontal carry rigs (e.g. Galco Miami Classic), it's difficult to avoid sweeping the people on your support side.

Most people find that shoulder rigs have a slower draw than the other common waist carry methods. Based on my own experience, this is true if you're standing. If you're sitting, a shoulder rig is faster. This is especially the case when you're in the driver's seat of a car and have your seat belt fastened.

Shoulder rigs can be comfortable, but you have to be sure that you get one that is properly designed and adjusted to fit your body. If you don't, your pistol will flop around and/or you'll feel shoulder and neck strain. FWIW, I've had good luck with the Galco rigs.

I realize this is an indirect answer to your question. However, it's something to consider before you go out and buy a new pistol. If in the end you decide to sell your 92FS, let me know
    You certainly could try this out if you have amazon prime. I believe there are shoulder rigs available through prime, may not be Galco though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234