Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: WMU 5C Public Hunting areas?

Went out Saturday starting at 6:30AM for some squirrels and I didn't see a thing all day.
    Last edited by seoulstice; October 21st, 2008 at 03:02 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    Went out Saturday starting at 6:30AM for some squirrels and I didn't see a thing all day.
    I just bagged a real nice doe with my inline, yesterday afternoon.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Delaware County)

I use lightfields too

(Somerset County)

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYC308 View Post
    I use 20ga. lightfields in my slug gun they are very accurate and put the deer down no problem, give them a try in 12ga. The areas you speak of are great for hunting but you have to do your homework. Knock up on homes, a good number of people will let you on if you are polite and assure them you are safe. I have three spots in 5C & 5D that produce multiple deer for me every season. Good luck with the muzzle loader this weekend, I'll be out with the TC myself. The big thing in special regs is that a lot of landowners want the deer thinned out so they don't want to hear that you just want to harvest bucks!
    I ended up picked up the 12 ga Lightfields for my Mossberg. It seems like everyone I talked to recommended them! I sighted it in on an old laptop at my friend's place back in Somerset Co ... did alright.

I was out both Saturday and Tuesday mornings and haven't seen a deer yet. I was seeing a lot of squirrels in SGL43 though. I think I'm going to switch to the shotgun tomorrow and try for some squirrels for the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYC308 View Post
    I just bagged a real nice doe with my inline, yesterday afternoon.
    Congrats man!

Quote Originally Posted by PA Highlander View Post

I was out both Saturday and Tuesday mornings and haven't seen a deer yet. I was seeing a lot of squirrels in SGL43 though. I think I'm going to switch to the shotgun tomorrow and try for some squirrels for the pot.
    You saw a lot of squirrels? Tell us where! We started the morning up at SGL 315 but it was rather crowded there with the muzzleloaders so we decided to be courteous and left for a nearby 20 acre property owned by a friend of a friend. Sat there for about 2 hours, one person saw one squirrel. Left and got some breakfast at the Pied Piper in Bally[I think it's Bally] and then went down to SGL 43...tried walking the fields and saw one pheasant but no squirrels. Went to another part of SGL 43 down the street from the range and didn't see a thing.

Has anyone hunted French Creek off of Shed Rd? I was told you can hunt back there.

(Somerset County)

You saw a lot of squirrels? Tell us where! .... then went down to SGL 43...tried walking the fields and saw one pheasant but no squirrels. Went to another part of SGL 43 down the street from the range and didn't see a thing.
    I was in the area off of that first parking area after the range. I covered a good bit of area looking for sign but seen a fair amount of squirrels in ones and twos all over that area. (not much deer sign though ) Hopefully I can find at least a few of them again tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12