Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Delaware gine off the deep end

Quote Originally Posted by coppery View Post
    https://trib.al/3YHAxwk

Delaware Gov. John Carney Signs Firearm Confiscation Law
    Titled “Lethal Violence Protective Order”–which is simply a different name for the same gun confiscation orders California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) and Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) put in place–these orders allow family members or law enforcement officers to petition for the confiscation of firearms from an individual, with or without the gun owner’s knowledge.
    Good name for this nonsense. People will not be expecting police, they'll fire at a home invaders and then will be killed by police.

I wonder if Governor Scott realizes that he's deep sixed any chance of being President?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Exactly how not having the ability to confront one's accusers constitute due process is beyond me.
    Ask the experts.... Donald Trump has it all figured out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxgybgEKHHI&t=4s

"Take the firearms first, then go to Court".

"I like taking the guns early".

(Westmoreland County)

I blame Mr. Trump's remarks for encouraging Florida Governor Rick Scott for signing this crap.

We need to organize like this in PA.

https://republicandaily.net/2021/05/...head-to-house/

Over 1,000 People Rally for Gun Rights in Delaware as Bills Head to House

Over 1,000 people gathered at a rally for the protection of gun rights in front of Legislative Mall in Dover, Delaware, on May 8.

Organized by the Delaware State Sportsmen*s Association (DSSA), more than 20 people from different organizations spoke at the rally to oppose unconstitutional infringement on law-abiding citizens* rights to bear arms.

Two new gun bills, SB3 and SB6, both were passed on April 1 by the Delaware Senate. SB3 puts more restrictions on handgun buyers. SB6, known as the Delaware Large Capacity Magazine Prohibition Act, prohibits the possession of magazines with a capacity larger than 17 rounds. Currently, both bills face a vote by the House to determine if they will pass.

DSSA President Jeff Hague, who hosted the rally, said while pointing to the state capitol building, *We are the majority in the state, we have the right to keep and bear arms. We have to exercise that right. We have to make sure these politicians don*t take it away.*

Hague said that if the two gun bills are passed by legislative, the DSSA will challenge the legislative body in court to protect resident*s gun rights that he said are protected by the American Constitution.

A few state senators and representatives came to support the rally.

Sen. David Lawson, a Vietnam War veteran who spent 27 years in law enforcement and 11 years in the Senate, said at the rally: *I*ve never seen such anger for such disrespect for our country. These laws that violate our freedoms, our constitutional rights, they do in fact step on those veterans who died for this country.

*I do want you to do this: turn to the person next to you, and tell them that you will give your all to protect this country.*

Lawson added, * We*ve got to show unity, we*ve got to come together like we*re doing here, and bring more, so that these folks understand that you are serious.*

Sen. Brian Pettyjohn told the rally he was was glad to see that the number of supporters in the crowd had doubled from the first rally a few years ago. He called on those attending to fight for their rights, according to Article I, Section 20 of the Delaware Constitution: *A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home, and State, and for hunting and recreational use.*

Pettyjohn said he sees the fight for gun rights as a fight for the freedoms of the nation*s future Generations because *if we let these rights slip by,* they won*t be there tomorrow.

House Minority Leader Danny Short told the crowd that he would fight to *protect your Second Amendment rights* when the bills land in the House next week or later. *I will and I*m sure my colleagues will do two things if it gets to us: NO on Senate Bill 3 and NO on Senate Bill 6,* he said.

*I will never vote to infringe your gun rights.*

State representative Rich Collins told the rally that the gun control bills were not popular.

*I have gotten more emails against these two bills, SB3 and SB6, than any other issues by far in all the time I*ve been in there,* he said. Collins started as a state representative in 2015.

Armed Black Movement founder and NRA certified firearms instructor, Alex Ballard, stated: *Everything that I do is rooted in two things: truth and Justice.*

*I know that a lot of people have been pushing for these bills because they believe that is going to reduce violence,* he said, while adding that he wants to help educate people about the truth of would result from gun control legislation.

*I grew up in New Jersey, specifically the north New Jersey area, and we*ve never been able to purchase firearms. You*ve never been able to get permits and it*s still one of the most violent cities in this country.*

He added, *You cannot make laws. There*s only one law: that*s God*s law. You can write policy that helps to reinforce God*s law but you can*t write laws.*

Ballard said the gun control bills would only affecting law-abiding people but not criminals. *We don*t want these laws,* he said of the black community he represents.Young people also voiced their support for gun rights.

Young Republicans chair Sam Chick said: *Right now, the Second Amendment is under attack. Our constitution is under attack. They are the pillars of our society, the pillars of our freedom. When the Second Amendment goes, the First Amendment goes, the Fourth Amendment goes, everything else goes.*

*It*s all on the table and don*t think that it can*t happen here, so we have to do what we can to preserve our Liberty just as people have had to do all throughout history,* he continued, *The struggle for freedom is not new. Thousands of people have fought for every single right they have thousands of years ago.*

Vice chair of the Young Republicans, Nick Miles, said of the gun control bills: *It*s no longer about saving lives from gun violence; it*s about control. Anti-gun politicians use gun control in an effort to combat crime * [but] gun control is not crime control. If a criminal wants to get a firearm to commit crime, they will break the law and obtain one.*

Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Chester County)

The democrats don't give a flying fuck what you have to say or whether you show up at for a rally or not. All they need is to be able to control the counting of ballots and everything else is all bullshiite.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The democrats don't give a flying fuck what you have to say or whether you show up at for a rally or not. All they need is to be able to control the counting of ballots and everything else is all bullshiite.
    Bingo.

All this stamping of feet and flag waving is a useless fucking joke.

Been saying it for years.
    They do not fear you.
    Yet.

they looked like they were pretty skeered Jan 6th.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by icp4life162005 View Post
    Bingo.

All this stamping of feet and flag waving is a useless fucking joke.

Been saying it for years.
    They do not fear you.
    Yet.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to icp4life162005 again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12