Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Anyone try reloading aluminum case for 9mm?

All the aluminum cases I see anymore are boxer primed. I've reloaded a few 9mm and 45...they loaded and functioned just fine. I was thinking of seeing how many loadings they would handle....then my elevator made it to the top floor and I realized: 1) I don't want them splitting in my gun when they fail and 2) I have enough range brass to probably last me the rest of my life so why even bother?
    There are three kinds of people in this world....them what's good at math and them what ain't.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Anyone try reloading aluminum case for 9mm?

I've learned from working with aluminum on bicycles that once aluminum is bent or changed from it's original casting it has a tendency to have unpredictable sudden catastrophic failure. I'd stick to brass, it's cheap enough why fool around with something you may regret and already know is unreliable. I have been reloading for over 30 years and I don't even use brass that I do not know the origin of. Brass picked up at the range is especially suspect. I've had 45 acp cases rupture with Federal brass that had a cannelure so I don't reload brass with a cannelure either.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12