Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Ruger LCP2: soliciting opinions on +1 safety.

Not an issue, an upgrade.

$18.00 to make it a better shooter, hold off on ordering the SS guide rod to confirm yours has it.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Philadelphia County)

I think a slingshot is your best option. Very few technical details to consider or be concerned about. A pocket full of rocks and you are ready to go/fire. I would like to add more dialogue/input but a slingshot is that basic/simple to use.
    First generation American by birth. Patriotic Veteran by choice.

^ You still can't OC that in Philly without a license.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

I figure that since I DO carry a revolver sometimes [w no safety], then a semi-auto w a rd up the spout is no worse. These days w all the anti-Conservative hassle going on I'm usually carrying a hi-cap 9mm..a Glock 26 w 11 rds and two spare loaded G17 mags. The "safety" is between our ears.

My only complaint about my LCP is that the slide doesn't lock open after the last round. I always carry a spare mag with every gun but it would be nice to know I'm empty if I lose count in the heat of the moment.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    My only complaint about my LCP is that the slide doesn't lock open after the last round. I always carry a spare mag with every gun but it would be nice to know I'm empty if I lose count in the heat of the moment.
    I’m pretty sure the LCP 2 incorporates that feature. My TCP licks opened on the last round which is one of the main reasons why I purchased it. The 1st being the excellent trigger.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    Good buy.

Do yourself a favor now and order this 13-lb recoil spring from Galloway to replace the 9-pound spring. It will take a lot of recoil out and make it nice to shoot. I made these two upgrades and it went from leaving me a red palm and crappy accuracy to being confortable to shoot at the range. Takes muzzle flip out too. No-brainer upgrade for $32.50 shipped.

A heavier recoil spring also makes the firearm harder to cycle. I like the heavier recoil spring for practice.

I prefer the lighter recoil spring for street use.

(Westmoreland County)

I use a Talon holster. I use the older LCP.

http://talonholsters.com/talon-ruger...allet-holster/

Good points are that it's comfortable and does look like a wallet in the pocket.

Downside? Sometimes it'll "twist" in the pocket, especially if you run. For sitting down use it's fine.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    I am personally ciphering this all out myself, as I am in the market for a very small pistol in a centerfire non-mouse gun caliber, for deep conceal purposes. I had all but settled upon the LCP2 for this task, before learning that it lacks a firing pin block. This does trouble me.
    Ruger says the LCP II has a "hammer catch to help prevent the hammer from contacting the firing pin unless the trigger is pulled." I don't really know what that means, but perhaps it's just as good as having a firing pin block.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I’m pretty sure the LCP 2 incorporates that feature. My TCP licks opened on the last round which is one of the main reasons why I purchased it. The 1st being the excellent trigger.
    The LCP II does lock back on empty magazine IF it's the new LCP II magazine. LCP magazines will work in the LCP II just will not lock back. I'm OK with +1 with trigger covered.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast