Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PAFOA Classifieds - Is it really that difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    One other site I visit requires you to have 50 posts before you can put anything up for sale in the classified section
    good idea #1...

good idea number 2? if you are going to use this forum as Your own personal yard sale, here's a thought...be a forum supporter.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post

I rarely even bother to look anymore because what most are $$ asking after you travel and buy gas and pay the FFL you might as well just go to the local shop and buy new
    yeah....a few of them have been rather far out into left field, lately.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    They are advertisements. How many people posting work in advertising? (not many)

Most people have a basic understanding of what is needed to sell a product, but many do not - they simply don't get it.

You should look at these from my point of view, having worked in advertising for 10 years as a graphic designer doing ad layout.
    I just shake my head and click "back".
    Going back to my post about selling my tools, when I looked to see what others were selling on EBAY, and having a RESERVE, all I could think was good luck, because they had crappy cell phone pics showing a set of wrenches (ex.) from five feet away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    One other site I visit requires you to have 50 posts before you can put anything up for sale in the classified section
    The problem I have with min post requirements is that now you have random people making 50 random useless posts just to post an ad. I like the way we do it here because I can use their rep, or lack thereof, and lack of posts, as a guide in deciding to buy or not.

Yes, one could argue that we could require their 50 posts to be meaningful, but who polices that? I don't think it's fair to burden the mods with such a duty.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The problem I have with min post requirements is that now you have random people making 50 random useless posts just to post an ad. I like the way we do it here because I can use their rep, or lack thereof, and lack of posts, as a guide in deciding to buy or not.

Yes, one could argue that we could require their 50 posts to be meaningful, but who polices that? I don't think it's fair to burden the mods with such a duty.
    At M4Carbine, one needs 200 posts before posting in the lounge.

If that happened here, the lounge would be like a ghost town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

On my Schwinn forum people that want to sell bicycles or parts that do not upload photos or link photos are generally computer illiterate. I provide detailed instructions on how to upload or link photos on every platform. If they ask for help I assist them in learning. I also provide a free service of letting members sell things through our Classified thread but if you want to make the sale you need to provide detailed pictures or the fish don't bite. It's a pretty simple concept. I understand right now there are problems with this forum's image uploading but it will get fixed and when it does you will still need to provide detailed pictures and descriptions if you want to sell something on an internet site. There will still be people that complain and resist and they won't sell their items. Right now I myself use Google photos for image hosting for linking photos.

Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I have a bunch of guns posted in the classifieds right now and no photos. I have a number of high res photos for each and frankly my time is more valuable than trying to figure out a way to post photos to the add. The way I see it, if someone is interested they will message me for photos. On the flip side, I am not desperate to sell the items...
    My time's more valuable than wasting it trying to get pictures and quality information out of you. You want to sell stuff, don't be lazy.

I personally feel pictures *of the actual item, NOT "stock photos"* should be REQUIRED in the classifieds, and any ads without should be automatically deleted. Repeat offenders should be banned.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    My time's more valuable than wasting it trying to get pictures and quality information out of you. You want to sell stuff, don't be lazy.

I personally feel pictures *of the actual item, NOT "stock photos"* should be REQUIRED in the classifieds, and any ads without should be automatically deleted. Repeat offenders should be banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I have a bunch of guns posted in the classifieds right now and no photos. I have a number of high res photos for each and frankly my time is more valuable than trying to figure out a way to post photos to the add. The way I see it, if someone is interested they will message me for photos. On the flip side, I am not desperate to sell the items...
    And I'm glad he's not desperate to sell because I'm not desperate to buy.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lancaster County)

For what's it worth, I loose all interest in a "Want to Sell" thread if pics are not posted. It's not an especially difficult task to master and it shows the potential buyer exactly what they're getting.
    The exception is when the seller has a large quantity of items for sale and it's just plain impractical to post pics.

(Berks County)

I refuse to buy VHS tapes or Soldier of Fortune magazines unless I see an individual picture of each one...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast