Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PAFOA Classifieds - Is it really that difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Puerile comments like these really do not appeal to others and helps drive down the participation on this forum.

IV_Warrior, thanks for the unsolicited advice, yet I am not interested.

This entire thread is really just a complaint by some people that are dissatisfied. However, it is not really possible to modify the behavior of others if you have no real influence over them. If you were serious about effecting change, be instructional. However, the current upload tool on this forum is broken (as mentioned before).

If you want a new rule on classified ads, start a poll thread and lobby for a real change. Choosing to be sour and unwelcoming to others is not a sound tactic to get more people to participate. I know, arguing with others on the internet is like cheating at the Special Olympics. However, I choose to spend just a little bit of time to be constructive and offer solutions.
    Somehow I missed this yesterday. I doubt that my wit and wisdom are driving off anybody's customers but I know that your attitude is running off any potential buyers. That's if there were any left after reading your less than adequate advertisement. It is a free country, there are few requirements mandated by the administration to advertise and you don't need to take our advice. Good luck with your sale(s).

On another note...most of the time when I am buying I know what the target subject is worth and I'm not going to make or break bank by jewing down a reasonably priced piece of merchandise. But if it is an overpriced piece of merchandise and I am interested in it I will make an offer, otherwise I'll just pay your price and we'll all be happy.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I believe that most consider a price negotiable unless the person states that it's a "firm" price in a non-retail environment. I certainly do, especially on things not selling that keep getting recycled. If something is on a fifth bump, no one wants it or no one wants it at the price listed.
    I am retail. Got to pay for the FFL somehow.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I have a thing for sale, I know what it’s worth, don’t lowball me, I know what shape it’s in. If interested, contact me only through mental telepathy or notes in bottles.

Attachment 108855

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Attachment 108821
    1911 4 sale.
    That's a Taurus bag. You put it over your head, so no one sees you with a Taurus.

(Allegheny County)

Think I just saw my favorite PAFOA ad ever. Essentially it says:

"I have 6 things people might want so I'm bundling them with 6 POS items. No pictures, no shipping, no haggling about my retail price (even though I have them listed elsewhere for 10% less). Come to me in the middle of nowhere with cash, assume the condition is as I say it is, and don't bother me with questions or negotiations. Oh, and do it before I change my mind."

LOL, holy shit.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by thebearpack View Post
    Think I just saw my favorite PAFOA ad ever. Essentially it says:

"I have 6 things people might want so I'm bundling them with 6 POS items. No pictures, no shipping, no haggling about my retail price (even though I have them listed elsewhere for 10% less). Come to me in the middle of nowhere with cash, assume the condition is as I say it is, and don't bother me with questions or negotiations. Oh, and do it before I change my mind."

LOL, holy shit.
    But... but... there's so much meat on the bone that YOU should be happy do the hard work of selling off what you don't want to keep, instead of him having to put some effort into selling his own guns that he (and maybe nobody else) wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    They are advertisements. How many people posting work in advertising? (not many)

Most people have a basic understanding of what is needed to sell a product, but many do not - they simply don't get it.

You should look at these from my point of view, having worked in advertising for 10 years as a graphic designer doing ad layout.
    I just shake my head and click "back".
    I get your point but you don't have to have a background in advertising to know photos and details help sell stuff. We've all read the "like new/minty/perfect condition" ads. If a seller wants to convince me "100% condition with only 5,000 rounds through this baby" isn't joke of a description they better have it backed up with photos.

I've bought and sold a few dozen times on here and even more on Craigslist. Those that don't make the effort to fully describe the item and include photos are, in my experience, also the same folks that are more inclined to no show on sale day. The guy that takes the five additional minutes to post a photo has already shown me he wants to make the sale.

My target item this week has been a bike rack for my daughter's car. I contacted 5 sellers on Craigslist, 2 of which didn't post a photo. I met the first guy Tuesday and his "like new fully functional" rack was missing all of the straps and padding. When I pointed this out he offered to drop the price $10. No deal. My suspicion is he omitted the photo intentionally hoping the buyer wouldn't realize the missing parts until after the sale. The 2nd guy with no photo didn't respond for 3 days. Bottom line... If you're serious about selling an item you have to be willing to make some effort.

I agree, I filter ads out on cl that dont have pics
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

6 pages and no mention of nancy. Is that a record for sale related discussions?

(Berks County)

I agree with only considering ads with good pictures. Yes it takes a bit more work to do but it gets to the point quickly about conditions.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast