Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: PAFOA Classifieds - Is it really that difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Is it just me or has there been a recent trend where folks just post a gun for sale, but don't even bother to post a photo? I've seen quite a few posts about sales that were interesting enough to bother to open, but no photo. How the hell do you expect to sell something if people can't even view it without going out of their way to email/PM for a photo?

Yeah, I know the argument "Well, if you can't even bother to email, you weren't serious in the first place" . And that would just be wrong. You have to catch someone's attention to get them interested.

I look at it like all the hermetically sealed stuff like knives, etc. in plastic packaging. If I can't see it, I don't need it.

Or am I being unreasonable?
    You're right. I immediately close posts with one sentence description and no photos.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Many of them are also very low post count members. Join, then post an ad. They're just shotgunning for exposure. But I agree. Wouldn't it be easier to take photos and post them in your ad, rather than have to email them to any interested buyer?
    One other site I visit requires you to have 50 posts before you can put anything up for sale in the classified section
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I have a bunch of guns posted in the classifieds right now and no photos. I have a number of high res photos for each and frankly my time is more valuable than trying to figure out a way to post photos to the add. The way I see it, if someone is interested they will message me for photos. On the flip side, I am not desperate to sell the items...
    I sold off a lot of my Snap On tools, on Ebay, and had detailed photos taken with a small digital camera with a macro feature.

All auctions sold, and I didn't need a reserve.

Uploading pics from the desktop is easy, so easy, a caveman could do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

I'm currently trying to upload pictures to an ad I placed here. Same method I've been using for years. Won't load pics from my phone or laptop. Resized photos. Won't load.

(Bucks County)

Testing... 1,2,3

'Insert image from computer' not working for me also.

Although 'Insert image from URL' does work but not if you use the 'Retrieve remote file and reference locally' option. In that case I get a 'error: This is not a valid image file.'

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."- The Papers of Ben Franklin

(Allegheny County)

They are advertisements. How many people posting work in advertising? (not many)

Most people have a basic understanding of what is needed to sell a product, but many do not - they simply don't get it.

You should look at these from my point of view, having worked in advertising for 10 years as a graphic designer doing ad layout.
    I just shake my head and click "back".
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    I have a bunch of guns posted in the classifieds right now and no photos. I have a number of high res photos for each and frankly my time is more valuable than trying to figure out a way to post photos to the add. The way I see it, if someone is interested they will message me for photos. On the flip side, I am not desperate to sell the items...
    It's a good thing you aren't really trying to sell them because...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Carbon County)

I rarely even bother to look anymore because what most are $$ asking after you travel and buy gas and pay the FFL you might as well just go to the local shop and buy new
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Quote Originally Posted by McSull View Post
    I'm currently trying to upload pictures to an ad I placed here. Same method I've been using for years. Won't load pics from my phone or laptop. Resized photos. Won't load.
    There is currently an issue with the image uploading on the site. There was a thread regarding it yesterday in the tech forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Is it just me or has there been a recent trend where folks just post a gun for sale, but don't even bother to post a photo? I've seen quite a few posts about sales that were interesting enough to bother to open, but no photo. How the hell do you expect to sell something if people can't even view it without going out of their way to email/PM for a photo?

Yeah, I know the argument "Well, if you can't even bother to email, you weren't serious in the first place" . And that would just be wrong. You have to catch someone's attention to get them interested.

I look at it like all the hermetically sealed stuff like knives, etc. in plastic packaging. If I can't see it, I don't need it.

Or am I being unreasonable?
    It’s not a recent problem, threads like this have probably come up one a year every year I have been a member.

No you are not being unreasonable. There are plenty of threads that explain how to easily upload a photo. It’s pretty basic for me, If you are trying to sell something be considerate, don’t make people work to figure out what you are selling. Uploading pictures is not hard to do. There’s a reason why companies include photos of the products they are selling.

When I list things for sale, it might take a minute or two take the pictures with my phone, and a whole couple of extra seconds to add the pictures to the ad. If someone does not have a camera phone it might take a little more work, but it still is not hard unless you are not using a digital camera. But if a you want to sell the product, take the time to do it right.

I am with most people here, if a person can’t take the time to take a picture of what they are selling, I can’t take the time to read the ad.

I literally think “no pictures, no interest” as I go through the ads. I am not going to jump through hoops to get pictures so I can buy what they are trying to get rid of.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast