Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Angry Nees advice Attorney/Lawyer Philadelphia area

I need advice on appropriate Attorney in Philadelphia area for gun rights/Police misconduct. I did a search but posts are old. This is a serious inquiry, not frivilous fishing for information.

In a nutshell: I am a suburban resident but grew up in City and now despise it. One of my employees(I'm a manager) was stopped by PPD on way home late at night because of headlight out. He was carrying his Glock in a Holster. Had just renewed his Philly LTCF but card he was carrying had expired date but he had in his possesion letter from PPD Gun permit unit he was renewed and card ready to pick up. That didn't matter , he was arrested, truck left on street, placed in hancuffs almost two hours moved to two Districts then detectives were he was eventually released. Philly PD did one of their "unarrests" He called me in case he had trouble coming into work. He did miss work.

I am outraged, he usually calls wife when leaving work and she was frantic when three hours later he never showed up. Has two young boys in school up waiting and worrying about their dad. Has no idea what Philly paperwork says about incident. I like him, he and wife both work full time, pay taxes and to me are good citizens and contribute to Philly quality of life. Not some parasite sneaking around up to no good. If one of his friends, neighbors, members of his church or kid's teacher saw him being moved around in handcuffs , I'm sure a good impression wasn't made. One of the Officers who stopped him told Detectives he used "deception" because he didn't volunteer he had a firearm when stopped. He did tell them when asked. I told him No duty to inform in PA and he did nothing wrong. It might piss off PPD but too bad. Thats the law.

I frankly think as an older white suburban guy I wouldn't have received the same treatment and want him to pursue this.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Tim
    Last edited by timdennis; June 22nd, 2018 at 01:31 PM.
    Tim

Default Re: Nees advice Attorney/Lawyer Philadelphia area

(Delaware County)

All,

If anyone doesn't want to post, they can PM me or email me at tdennis54@yahoo.com
    Tim

(Bucks County)

Phil Kline in Quakertown PA.

What he and the lawyer should do is get in front of the media and bash the PPD and the city for infringing on his rights, sue the city, officers, etc..... but... if his card was expired how do the cops know his letter was real? Still, they probably should have run his info through the system and once verified, let him go on his way...

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Phil Kline in Quakertown PA.

What he and the lawyer should do is get in front of the media and bash the PPD and the city for infringing on his rights, sue the city, officers, etc..... but... if his card was expired how do the cops know his letter was real? Still, they probably should have run his info through the system and once verified, let him go on his way...
    How would they know? Well the license number is the same after a renewal. All they had to do was call it into the 24hour number to determine if he was indeed legal or not. I realize this may come as a surprise to your average PPD flatfoot, but we have these things called computers where information can be retrieved at a moment's notice.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    How would they know? Well the license number is the same after a renewal. All they had to do was call it into the 24hour number to determine if he was indeed legal or not. I realize this may come as a surprise to your average PPD flatfoot, but we have these things called computers where information can be retrieved at a moment's notice.
    They probably still use film and flash bulbs too.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Only after they draw a chalk outline around your dead body.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    Digital photographs are easily altered, film and paper photographs not so much.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The PPD flatfoot already knew, because he asked about the gun, because the LTCF info popped up when running his DL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Posts number 2 and 4 are exactly what you need if you want a lawyer.

I wish your employee Good luck.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast