Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Phil Murphy wants to make it a lot more expensive to buy a gun in N.J.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Raise the fee to exercise a right? Makes sense. Remember - gun control always disproportionately affects the poor. The proles shouldn't be able to defend themselves.

At this point I'm happy NJ is being pushed even further. Incremental regulations won't wake them up but maybe, doubtfully, this will.
    I fully support a $400 fee to vote.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Phil Murphy wants to make it a lot more expensive to buy a gun in N.J.

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    At this point, if they charged $400 for a carry permit, and ACTUALLY issued them, they would run out of places to put the money income.

But, thats too much logic for NJ.
    Such truth.

They talk about raising the permit to purchase from $2.. so cheap.. but don't include the required classes, background checks, FOID Card and Pistol license fees.. all in all that supposedly $200 gun now cost a NJ Resident closer to $700
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Such truth.

They talk about raising the permit to purchase from $2.. so cheap.. but don't include the required classes, background checks, FOID Card and Pistol license fees.. all in all that supposedly $200 gun now cost a NJ Resident closer to $700
    Say what?

NJ doesn't require any classes.

You pay for the NJSP to run a NICs on you once for FID, once for P2P, and once more for final NICS. Relatively speaking the state is in their right to lose money cause of how haphazard they made the system.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    "Second Amendment advocates"?
    Yep, all three of them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Montgomery County)

This is just disgusting being charged for use of your rights that are free this is just illegal they need to be shut down I really feel just sympathy to those under these conditions. I have noticed that every anti gun state has gone way above and beyond stupid to the point of abolishing your 2nd A rights and now slowly being instituted in pro gun states like ours.

on a good note, if they actually put together a bill and send it to committee, I've decided to get off my ass and figure out what 6 guns I'd want to get with my last set of cheap permits I'd ever get. Sadly I'm only up to 4 right now. I guess I better add that Hi Point to the list finally.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    on a good note, if they actually put together a bill and send it to committee, I've decided to get off my ass and figure out what 6 guns I'd want to get with my last set of cheap permits I'd ever get. Sadly I'm only up to 4 right now. I guess I better add that Hi Point to the list finally.
    Save that money and move... I'd get out of the Northeast all together. There's more at stake than simply the 2a...taxes, over freedoms, crime, takers, school propaganda, etc.

moving, sadly, isn't in the cards for quite a while. besides, some of us aren't ready to be rats leaving the ship.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Lancaster County)

So, to thoroughly confuse folks and really wonder what world we are living in... Sweeney pulled the tax increase on this from the budget plan.

Da hell is going on.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Berks County)

Sad state of affairs indeed.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12