Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Wait, now Utah with the confiscation bills?

What the hell is going on here... Typically gun friendly states are now going and supporting confiscation bills? Something is going on behind our backs and it needs to stop..

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...n-control-bill
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Wait, now Utah with the confiscation bills?

Over the past 4 years I have been in Salt Lake City often for work.

Utah is beautiful!! I could easily see myself living somewhere close to Salt Lake City.

Well and I guess many liberals and peacenics think the same thing! There is a flood of Liberals coming from the West Coast. Mostly settling in around SLC and the ski resorts. You know the types, dread locks, baggy clothes, pot leaf clothing, tie dyed shirts, knit hats in Summer, believe "Yo Bro, Chill" will get them out of any dangerous interaction.

I heard locals complaining about these groups trying to change the laws to be more California like. MANY businesses in SLC now sport "No Guns" signs.

So am I surprised? Nope
    Am I saddened? Yep
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Bucks County)

This is what I don't understand---

#1---We're not a democracy or "mob rule", yet our Reps say "I hear ya' and I'm doing something about it"! Mob rule---stop it!
    #2---Just because they're Reps does not mean they can vote against the law of the land, the Constitution because some hippy doesn't agree with it.
    #3--- You're the Rep for all and you took and oath to defend the Constitution.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Since the cities hold the most votes and it seems that liberals want to live in the city, they get the Bills passed that they want. I wonder how many of these types of Bills/Laws would pass a REAL judiciary review?

(Columbia County)

Look what happened in Vermont and Florida. Two pro gun states got more anti gun. If history repeats itself, I do believe that the Universal background check will pass on a federal level sooner or latter. What I mean by history repeating itself is the Brady law was created in 1981 right after Reagan and Jim Brady were shot by John Hinkley. It was passed and was signed into law in 1993. So it took 12 years to get it passed. The first time I heard of congress seriously considering the Universal background check bill was right after Sandy Hook in December of 2012. I guess we will see what happens on this legislation when 2024 gets here.

(Bucks County)

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the tip of the iceberg. And it saddens me to say it, but the NRA, G O A, jpfo, and every other organization banded together, are not going to be as much help as we hope they are. It is up to us. We need to write and phone and email, and when that does not work, we need to vote people out. That is the only recourse that we have. All of the donations that we make and contributions that we give can only go so far. We are outnumbered unfortunately vocal people. As long as we have a media that feeds on violence and bloodshed, as long as we have people who will get in front of the camera and tell out and out lies, mistruths, and half-truths, we are rather screwed.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    Since the cities hold the most votes and it seems that liberals want to live in the city, they get the Bills passed that they want. I wonder how many of these types of Bills/Laws would pass a REAL judiciary review?
    Maybe it is time for States to go to an Electoral College method of voting. Mob rule is taking over.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is the tip of the iceberg. And it saddens me to say it, but the NRA, G O A, jpfo, and every other organization banded together, are not going to be as much help as we hope they are. It is up to us. We need to write and phone and email, and when that does not work, we need to vote people out. That is the only recourse that we have. All of the donations that we make and contributions that we give can only go so far. We are outnumbered unfortunately vocal people. As long as we have a media that feeds on violence and bloodshed, as long as we have people who will get in front of the camera and tell out and out lies, mistruths, and half-truths, we are rather screwed.
    Here in PA, it’s either gun owners are outnumbered, they vote for the wrong candidate, they don’t vote , just don’t care or think the NRA is going to wave a magic wand and make all the anti gun legislation go away. We lost big time in election for superior and supreme court judges. The Conor Lamb winning the special election for US representative was a loss for gun owners. PA has a bad habit of electing Democrats to the governor’s office. However it is noted that the PA GOP has a habit of putting up lousy candidates . Maybe not on the second amendment, but low charisma types that can’t campaign worth a dime.
    We need a state NRA ILA group. I know a lot of people here are members of FOAC, but that group doesn’t get there name out there, therefore a lot of PA gun owners don’t even know they exist.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Conor Lamb winning the special election for US representative was a loss for gun owners.
    Connor Lamb spoke up against more gun control.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-new-gun-laws/

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    What the hell is going on here... Typically gun friendly states are now going and supporting confiscation bills? Something is going on behind our backs and it needs to stop..

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...n-control-bill

I don't like it either.

Let's get some more detail on Utah...

Their current Governor, Gary Herbert, is a gun control supporter.

Guns

As the national and local March for Our Lives approaches on Saturday, the governor praised young people for “getting involved and mobilizing. They are saying, ‘Let our voices be heard’” on-gun control issues.

“Utah has been a very strong supporter of the Second Amendment, but that does not mean there are not parameters” that should be placed to improve safety, he said.

He listed several possible steps.

Background checks for gun purchases “should be universal,” Herbert said, and not exclude such things as private sales at gun shows.

The governor suggested looking at raising the age for gun purchases — now set at 18 unless accompanied by a parent — and eliminating the “bump stocks” used in the recent Las Vegas mass shooting to essentially turn a semi-automatic gun into a rapid-fire automatic one. (Last year, Herbert signed legislation to allow Utahns as young as 18 to obtain a concealed-weapons permit.)

“We want to make sure that those who should not have guns don’t have them,” including perhaps revisiting a bill killed in this year’s Legislature that would have allowed seizing guns from people deemed by a court to be a danger to themselves or others.
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...ing-elections/

I remember Jon Huntsman being for an "assault weapon" ban.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast