Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
Look what happened in Vermont and Florida. Two pro gun states got more anti gun. If history repeats itself, I do believe that the Universal background check will pass on a federal level sooner or latter. What I mean by history repeating itself is the Brady law was created in 1981 right after Reagan and Jim Brady were shot by John Hinkley. It was passed and was signed into law in 1993. So it took 12 years to get it passed. The first time I heard of congress seriously considering the Universal background check bill was right after Sandy Hook in December of 2012. I guess we will see what happens on this legislation when 2024 gets here.
I am glad that I am the age I am now. In not too many years I could be in a home and that will be that. So sad for what our younger shooter friends will have to put up with all this stuff that is coming down the pike. It really floored me when Vermont went with gun control, I never though that could happen. No matter what we do I think the writing is on the wall as too many people do not care about the Constitution, let alone the 2nd Amendment.