Just an update, it's 41,659 rounds as of last Monday

http://pistol-training.com/archives/671

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: M&P's aren't reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by greener View Post
    Just an update, it's 41,659 rounds as of last Monday

http://pistol-training.com/archives/671
    Thanks, I must've had an old link. Damn, it sucks I don't have a glock. Everyone knows they're tops on reliability.

(Allegheny County)

looks pretty good to me!
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Northampton County)

Great article and nice to see all the follow through. I'm not a fan of the M&P, but I can understand why some people are - unless you're left handed.

I was up at one of the local shops talking about the M&P with the owner. He's a south paw and showed me something a bit scary. Every time he would release the slide lock with his thumb, the magazine would fall out. Basically, the pressure from squeezing the grip and releasing the slide lock was enough for the palm of his hand to activate the mag release - not good!
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    Great article and nice to see all the follow through. I'm not a fan of the M&P, but I can understand why some people are - unless you're left handed.

I was up at one of the local shops talking about the M&P with the owner. He's a south paw and showed me something a bit scary. Every time he would release the slide lock with his thumb, the magazine would fall out. Basically, the pressure from squeezing the grip and releasing the slide lock was enough for the palm of his hand to activate the mag release - not good!
    The mag release is reversable and can be switched in about 30 seconds with nothing more than a ballpoint pen.

IMHO it's one of the best options out there for southpaws. Ambi slide release/ ambi mag release.

(Northampton County)

Good to know. Maybe I'm thinking of a different gun - I'm sure the owner of the shop would have pointed that feature out.
    Complete equality isn't compatible with democracy, but it is agreeable to totalitarianism. After all the only way to ensure the equality of the slothful, the inept and the immoral is to suppress everyone else. - Iain Benson

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Skullz View Post
    Good to know. Maybe I'm thinking of a different gun - I'm sure the owner of the shop would have pointed that feature out.
    I know when they first came out they had a problem with mag drop outs due to a too light mag spring. Once they fixed that the problems stopped.

I love my gun, and I know there's no way i'll put the kinds of rounds through it that these guys did.

"good enough for the girls I go with" as they say.
    Last edited by P-11 shooter; September 28th, 2008 at 10:51 PM.

(Bedford County)

On 9-13-08 I used my M&P9 full size to win the Bedford County Fall Classic Steel Shoot. My total time was 20.19 and the gun ran as fast as the idiot holding it could shoot.

I also won the team auto event with a combined time of 25.145

My partner, Darrel Cooley of Breezewood Pa was using a XD Service in 9mm. ( see, we CAN all get along).

My M&P's have been 100% reliable so far....only owning them for about a year. The full size gun has a few cases through it now, and I am very impressed.

Our league shoots every other wed, and we hold 4 steel shoots each year. My M&P has yet to finish worse than 3rd in any event. I only wish the owner would pick up his game a tad.

Still climbing....

(Chester County)

Striker failures, some trigger return spring failures, magazine drop issues, magazine finish issues, and magazine follower issues/ upgrades are widespread documented concerns.

Personally, I've seen the pin which holds the extractor in break, twice. Seen two of them blow up within 1 year, both in the same spot. Seen a 9mm barrel rupture, too.

Todd is a great shooter, and a stand up guy. His experience has been extremely positive. I can't argue with him, at all.

Due to seeing a larger number of these guns I've seen fail (than the alternatives, when run at the same pace with the same ammo and same maintenance), I don't think they're leading the pack just yet.

I'd give it more time, but it does look promising. I honestly don't have a dog in the fight, I bought an M&P and mine personally ran well (had about 3 magazine related feeding issues, in maybe 1.5-2k rounds)...just wasn't the gun for me.

I think this gun certainly will be/is cutting into XD sales. As for taking on Glock and HK, I think it's gonna need some more years on it before it comes too close, though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast