Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: CC at Gun shows in PA??

You can OC or CC loaded at the gun show this weekend. I usually OC at every show. Hell. Most vendors OC.

What is this no guns policy you guys speak of ??������
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    I understand I have a choice, I was just surprised, I really had no idea. These are the same gun shows that will allow me to enter for "free" if I sign up for another NRA membership. While the NRA is advocating for National Reciprocity for CC the gun shows will not allow CC. Had no idea this "debate" has already been discussed at length, I spend most of my time in the hunting, reloading and classified sections of this forum. I would have never guessed such a prohibition would exist at a gun show.
    Now you know. It is 100% liability driven, although some may/will say/believe otherwise.

Promoters do NOT want the hassle of an AD at one of their events. PGCA had an AD event with personal injury at the old ExpoMart at Monroeville maybe 15 yrs ago, maybe more. Both ScotsGuards and I were there, and close by. He rendered aid, I helped clear the crowd. That was the end of gun shows at the ExpoMart.

Eagle Arms Promotions had an AD event with personal injury at Bloomsburg a few years ago; if you google "bloomsburg gun show injury" or the like, the news reports will come up.

Their sandbox, their rules. I will say this, I help at a small western PA "firehall" type show, and two years ago the guys we had clearing and checking "carry in" guns for sale or trade found five (5) loaded guns between Sat and Sun. These were NOT personal protection carry guns, but the rifles, shotguns, and handguns people were bringing in to sell or trade. Five (5) loaded guns in ~ 750 to 850 attendees.

Think about it.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Accidental discharge ? I would think negligent discharge is more like it .

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post

A rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Fuckers can't be trusted to take a shower in the morning.
    I'm not so sure trusting them not to pull out a loaded gun and dick around with it checking the "fit" of a holster, or "showing" it to a vendor looking to make a trade is the wisest move.
    There have been several unintentional discharges of firearms at gunshows to show even with the rule of unloading all incoming firearms , shit still happens.

If you're gonna be playing with your firearm , showing it off or testing out accessories or possibly looking to trade/sell it , UNLOAD THE FUCKING THING!
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    In the "greater" Pittsburgh area, there are three gun shows. Two prohibit you from carrying, one doesn't. It makes it easy for me to decide which show I support with my $.

For me, its no different than a restaurant, store, etc... prohibiting me from carrying... no $ for them. When I hear the "its for safety" argument from gun owners - I can't help but think "hey, that's the same argument that LEE-BORE-ALS across the country are spouting for more gun control."

Heading to a show next weekend
    If you don't trust me to be prudent with my firearm I don't trust you to watch my six while I shop. So I am in agreement with the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    I agree - Negligent Discharge of a Firearm. I don't abide by people who do sloppy things with deadly things.
    Last edited by GeneCC; June 27th, 2018 at 07:01 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Now you know. It is 100% liability driven, although some may/will say/believe otherwise.

Promoters do NOT want the hassle of an AD at one of their events. PGCA had an AD event with personal injury at the old ExpoMart at Monroeville maybe 15 yrs ago, maybe more. Both ScotsGuards and I were there, and close by. He rendered aid, I helped clear the crowd. That was the end of gun shows at the ExpoMart.

Eagle Arms Promotions had an AD event with personal injury at Bloomsburg a few years ago; if you google "bloomsburg gun show injury" or the like, the news reports will come up.

Their sandbox, their rules. I will say this, I help at a small western PA "firehall" type show, and two years ago the guys we had clearing and checking "carry in" guns for sale or trade found five (5) loaded guns between Sat and Sun. These were NOT personal protection carry guns, but the rifles, shotguns, and handguns people were bringing in to sell or trade. Five (5) loaded guns in ~ 750 to 850 attendees.

Think about it.

Noah
    I was at the Bloomsburg show that had the ND occur at it. It was a vendor that made the f-up. It's kinda the price we pay for having shows. No insurance, no more gun shows. The insurance companies pretty much control it.

Vendor AD at Oaks a few months ago , remember?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Susquehanna County)

After Oaks wasn't there some thoughts about maybe some anti-gun schmuck possibly looking at firearms and slipping a round in. I think I heard some other vendors found firearms with a round in the chamber
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Bucks County)

That would be the reason I always treat every firearm like it’s loaded so I clear and check everyone that I pick up several times before I even think about testing the trigger.

While they say no loaded firearms are allowed at the shows the actions don’t exactly match the words. They obviously check all the long guns since they are for sale and will be handled so that’s a safety issue. However I’ve never seen them so much as ask someone if they are carrying let alone stop and pat someone down to see if they were. If they were truly serious about “No loaded firearms in the show” they would put up metal detectors to make sure of it.

However if you say no loaded firearms then those who are carrying against the rules keep them in the holster and hidden indefinitely. The end result is that the idiots either check their firearms or never pull them out for fear of getting thrown out thereby reducing the opportunity for an ND. Those that are typical safe and carry normally simply continue to CC and never mention it or pull it out.

I normally only go to one gun show a year but the amount of stupid people there makes me understand why they say no loaded firearms. If they didn’t I’m sure you would have far more people passing loaded weapons around thereby increasing the possibility of an ND that gets the show shutdown via either the insurance company or exhibitor pulling out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast