Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: CC at Gun shows in PA??

Oaks, Bloomsburg and Harrisburg have either Police or security standing at a table when you come in. Oaks actually has a clearing barrel
    One time in Oaks I had IWB without a cover shirt so I went to the table , dropped my mag, cycled and cleared, then used the barrel. Police put a zip strip in.
    Funny part is when I went to use the mens room the Urinal and garbage can were full of zip strips

The rest of the times I just walk up to the fine person taking donations (entrance fee) and in I go. The zip strip table looks at you, but I have never been directly asked.

I would say not to uncover your firearm or remove it while inside, unless a true need arises then prudent marksmanship is advised

I believe in CANT
    Carry
    Always
    Never
    Tell
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(York County)

I’ve always thought it was pretty hypocritical that at gun shows, “our people” don’t trust the general population to lawfully carry their firearms...and I could see that being something some liberal with access to the media would make a huge deal about if they found that out “look they prohibit carrying guns at their own event!!”

That being said when I’m walking through the entrance and they ask “are you carrying?” My hands are usually empty so no, I’m not carrying anything 😆

(York County)

Only the criminals are permitted to carry at the gun shows. (sarcasm)

(Allegheny County)

Fuckers can't be trusted to take a shower in the morning.
    I'm not so sure trusting them not to pull out a loaded gun and dick around with it checking the "fit" of a holster, or "showing" it to a vendor looking to make a trade is the wisest move.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I went to one years ago at northway mall. They didn’t have a clearing barrel on the exit side for reloading as people all over everywhere outside . So.... I heard a cha Ching right behind me at my back when leaving the gun show - I turned around and saw a guy had just loaded and racked his slide while walking directly behind me. I was pissed I went back to the gun show and told them they need a barrel both sides so people can point into it safely while reloading their guns after having to unload them before entering They don’t give 2 shits what happens once customers leave their premises - so no barrel for safe loading amongst crowds - fuck those shows

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by cham09 View Post
    I’ve always thought it was pretty hypocritical that at gun shows, “our people” don’t trust the general population to lawfully carry their firearms...and I could see that being something some liberal with access to the media would make a huge deal about if they found that out “look they prohibit carrying guns at their own event!!”

That being said when I’m walking through the entrance and they ask “are you carrying?” My hands are usually empty so no, I’m not carrying anything ��
    It's not the "our people" requiring this. It's the insurance companies underwriting the event or the facilities who allow the promoter to hold the event that require it. And considering that I had my younger daughter with me at the Split Rock show several years ago when some jerkoff vendor was helping a lady find a holster and had an ND into his table that wasn't even 15' away from me and my kid, I can understand the desire to attempt to reduce the probability of one patron shooting another.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Dauphin County)

"You may bring your weapon to the show it must be unloaded unless you are a police officer"

A reply From Appalachian Promotions which will be promoting the York Co. Fairgrounds gun show this upcoming weekend to my question...Hello, What is you policy concerning concealed carry of firearms at this gun show?

I would never have guessed that Gun Shows would not allow Concealed Carry. It has been a couple of years since my last gun show, but I always carried and never even thought it would be possible that it was prohibited.

My first reaction is that this type of regulation is complete B.S.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAwhitetailbowhunter View Post
    "You may bring your weapon to the show it must be unloaded unless you are a police officer" . . .

I would never have guessed that Gun Shows would not allow Concealed Carry. It has been a couple of years since my last gun show, but I always carried and never even thought it would be possible that it was prohibited.

My first reaction is that this type of regulation is complete B.S.

Well, it is what it is. It's the promoters' sandboxes, their venues' and their liability insurance underwriters' requirements, "their rules". Don't like it? Your choice is to empty and clear before/upon entry, stealth it in as some have suggested, or don't go.

It's been debated here before, ad infinitum.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

Yes, this topic has been hashed out here since I've been a member (2007) and I can recall the "no loaded guns" thing at gun shows even before that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Well, it is what it is. It's the promoters' sandboxes, their venues' and their liability insurance underwriters' requirements, "their rules". Don't like it? Your choice is to empty and clear before/upon entry, stealth it in as some have suggested, or don't go.

It's been debated here before, ad infinitum.

Noah
    I understand I have a choice, I was just surprised, I really had no idea. These are the same gun shows that will allow me to enter for "free" if I sign up for another NRA membership. While the NRA is advocating for National Reciprocity for CC the gun shows will not allow CC. Had no idea this "debate" has already been discussed at length, I spend most of my time in the hunting, reloading and classified sections of this forum. I would have never guessed such a prohibition would exist at a gun show.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast