Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: PA House to consider multiple anti gun bills tomorrow Tuesday 6/19

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    My guy, Grove is a co-sponsor on HB2275. He's usualyy solidly pro-gun, even holds concealed carry workshops.

What's this bill doing exactly? I asked him to vote against his own bill nonetheless.

HB 2275 (Grove/Briggs) amends the Crimes Code to rectify a 2011 ruling by the PA Supreme Court which held that the prior conviction offenses that prohibit a person from possessing, transferring, or using a firearm do not include an attempt, conspiracy or solicitation to commit those same crimes. There is one amendment, A07610, which is technical.
    A07354, which removes the lifetime self-exclusion option, makes removal from the list automatic upon expiration of the self-exclusion period, and removes a requirement that the PA State Police provide for safekeeping of surrendered firearms.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Bucks County)

Here's the house leaders contact information----email them:

dreed@pahousegop.com, mturzai@pahousegop.com

Please, I urge that these bills be "tabled" and not considered as they're confiscation bills and set the platform for honest citizens to be treated as criminals. I have no idea why these bills are being passed especially since "gun violence" has been dropping every year and we're now at 1940's level of "gun violence". We have thousands of Federal, state and 460 pages of ATF laws. Thank you for your consideration.

Another shitty ride we must take. Sent GOA, NRA-ILA and emails. More to come I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Another shitty ride we must take. Sent GOA, NRA-ILA and emails. More to come I am sure.
    they're trying to push every bill that's laid stagnant this session.
    I've called my rep and did the email things.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    they're trying to push every bill that's laid stagnant this session.
    I've called my rep and did the email things.
    However, there was a "protective order" bill that passed the Senate 50-0 in March that the House tabled. So hopefully the house will do the same with these bills.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    However, there was a "protective order" bill that passed the Senate 50-0 in March that the House tabled. So hopefully the house will do the same with these bills.
    keep your fingers crossed, the phone to your ear and your powder dry.
    buy up the tactical black rubber band firing enhancers as well.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

This morning, the House Judiciary Committee continued its push for gun control by passing House Bill 1872, legislation which would ban many firearm accessories. This follows the passage of HB 2227, legislation which would allow the seizure of firearms with little or no access to due process. The committee did vote down House Bill 1400, legislation that sought to ban all private transfers of firearms in Pennsylvania.

Leadership in the House of Representatives has fast tracked anti-gun HB 2227 for a vote on the House floor tomorrow. House Bill 2227 creates so-called “extreme risk protection orders” whereby a hearing would be held, firearms would be seized and constitutional rights suspended with little to no due process. Under House Bill 2227, a law-abiding gun owner could lose their right to own or possess a firearm and then have the burden placed on them to prove the false nature of the petition in order to have their firearms returned. This legislation does nothing to improve public safety, and allows for an extremely broadly definition of who can petition to remove someone's Second Amendment rights.

House Bill 1872 would make it a crime to knowingly possess an “accelerated trigger activator” that is designed or functions to accelerate the rate of fire of a semi-automatic firearm. The broad and overreaching provisions in this legislation could potentially criminalize firearm modifications such as competition triggers, and ergonomic changes that are commonly done by law-abiding gun owners to make their firearms more suitable for self-defense, competition, hunting, or even overcoming disability.

Again, please contact your state Representative and strongly urge them to OPPOSE House Bill 1872 and House Bill 2227.
    https://act.nraila.org/composeletters.aspx?AlertID=2057

(Bucks County)

Darryl Metcalfe reply to my FB post

Many of us have been surprised by the judiciary committee’s actions to advance gun control bills. I am working with allies to amend and defeat these bills that are an outrageous attack on our Constitution and our freedom!

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Here's the house leaders contact information----email them:

dreed@pahousegop.com, mturzai@pahousegop.com

Please, I urge that these bills be "tabled" and not considered as they're confiscation bills and set the platform for honest citizens to be treated as criminals. I have no idea why these bills are being passed especially since "gun violence" has been dropping every year and we're now at 1940's level of "gun violence". We have thousands of Federal, state and 460 pages of ATF laws. Thank you for your consideration.
    I sent these two a very direct custom email:

"Look guys,

You keep pushing gun owners into a corner, what do you expect to happen? Republicans are supposed to defend our rights, not undermine them. Guess what, we the legal gun owners ARE watching, let these gun grabbing anti-freedom bills come to a vote, and see what happens to the Republican party in November. Till these are shelved, NO SUPPORT, NO MONEY FOR ANY Republican candidate, got that? Come November ANYONE who votes in support of attacking the Right to Keep and Bare arms, in violation of the PA and Federal Constitution will NOT be supported at the poles either.

Do you understand where I’m coming from? Your choice, hand the state to the communist or stand up for the constituents who put you there."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    I sent these two a very direct custom email:

"Look guys,

You keep pushing gun owners into a corner, what do you expect to happen? Republicans are supposed to defend our rights, not undermine them. Guess what, we the legal gun owners ARE watching, let these gun grabbing anti-freedom bills come to a vote, and see what happens to the Republican party in November. Till these are shelved, NO SUPPORT, NO MONEY FOR ANY Republican candidate, got that? Come November ANYONE who votes in support of attacking the Right to Keep and Bare arms, in violation of the PA and Federal Constitution will NOT be supported at the poles either.

Do you understand where I’m coming from? Your choice, hand the state to the communist or stand up for the constituents who put you there."
    Good email, thanks for sending. Just wanted to catch a typo you made if you resend at a later time. You said poles not polls.

...You were probably thinking proles since that's what we're being treated like.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast