Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PA House to consider multiple anti gun bills tomorrow Tuesday 6/19

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    what liberal snowflake infested shit hole did they poll ??
    Push polling is an art form. The pollee is asked leading questions and is guided to the wanted conclusion. No other answer is acceptable than the ones furnished - one is often ridiculous or pointless, the other one is desired.

The only polls that count are on election day.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    The PA House Judicial Committee passed the "Extreme Risk Protection Orders" bill, which will no doubt be abused by vengeful spouses, pissant neighbors, meddlesome inlaws and other persons who wish to avenge themselves on "gun nuts". A few lives will be saved, but probably as many will be lost when police show up out of nowhere with guns ablazing to steal property under the color of law.

The "Universal background check" and "accelerated trigger activator" so-called "laws" are on tap for tomorrow.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...l-for-tomorrow
    committee passed but i dug into the floor vote and did not see any of the gun bills come up today.
    so they never made it to the floor?
    they specifically stated they'd push for one to be voted on, i believe the risk order bill.
    i'm interested to find out what the delay is, did they run out of time? did we make enough of an influence to get them not to vote it?
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    So, I sent a letter to this douchebag Daylin Leech, who was too busy to respond and had his lackey Chad respond for him...Chad's response below...

Dear Renov8,

On behalf of Senator Leach, thank you for reaching out to our office about legislation related to gun control. Unfortunately, the Senator generally disagrees with you on this issue, and has supported many efforts to impose new gun control measures.

The Senator, for example, believes that military spec weapons should not be available to the public. These weapons have been designed to quickly and efficiently to kill mass amounts of humans, and are not needed for protection or hunting. He is not alone in this belief. According to recent polling, 67% of Americans support a ban on the sale of automatic weapons and 63% support a semi-automatic weapons ban.

The Senator believes that common sense gun control measures are vital to our state's safety. Studies have shown that states with stricter gun control laws experience lower amounts of gun related deaths, while states with the laxest restrictions have the highest amount of deaths.

Please feel free to reach out to our office, if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you,
    Chad Hoffmann

I was not in the best frame of mind when I responded back...ignore the jabs...

Chad,

I understand the Senator does not agree with me or the close to 88 million Americans who support our 2nd Amendment rights. These, so called, weapons of war are a figment of your imagination and that of the senators. These military rifles are nothing compared to the hunting rifles used throughout PA during hunting season. It would help if you and the Senator educated yourselves to the truth about guns, the difference in calibers, and not listen to the bullet points put out my the Bloomberg and Mom's organizations. They do absolutely NOTHING to prevent gun violence or institure laws and regulations which go after the criminals. Writing feel good legislation does NOTHING to prevent these events from happening...other than just make you feel good. Did I say NOTHING?

The divide will continue between those of us who uphold the Constitution as it was written and intended to be applied, vs. those of you who are looking to water down our Bill of Rights and the true meaning of those words so eloquently bestowed upon us by our founding fathers.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED"

I guess English is not your first language, because if it was, you would understand the meaning of the words above. Please convey my sentiments to the Senator.

Being nice doesn't work. Being direct only lets them know where you stand. Getting in their face, is what the Left does and we should too!
    But you preach common sense in your response...he is Democrat so he needs his mommy to hold him and figure out what you wrote..lol

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    what liberal snowflake infested shit hole did they poll ??
    Why do polls even matter when it comes to a natural right and law of the land? We're not a democracy and their oath is to the constitution not some liberal snowflake that doesn't agree with certain laws. Polling on speed limit laws and stuff is fine polling on actual written rights is not..

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    committee passed but i dug into the floor vote and did not see any of the gun bills come up today.
    so they never made it to the floor?
    they specifically stated they'd push for one to be voted on, i believe the risk order bill.
    i'm interested to find out what the delay is, did they run out of time? did we make enough of an influence to get them not to vote it?
    I posted a response from Daryl Metcalfe and he said he was doing everything to work to scrap these bills.

(Berks County)

I read in the paper this AM that Tom Killion's bill, SB 501, which easily passed the senate got so badly gutted and watered down that it is essentially worthless, there may be hope after all.

Gender confusion is a mental illness

sb501
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...RollCallId=693
    straight yea's but it never hit floor for vote.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    sb501
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...RollCallId=693
    straight yea's but it never hit floor for vote.
    That's comforting news....kind of. Shows the house "cares" but the Senate----Ugh!
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Carbon County)

Pennsylvania House Rep Tries To Bury Anti-Gun Bills

As gun control seems to be worming its way through the legislative process up in Pennsylvania, it sounds like a foregone conclusion that these bills will become law.

Even the supposedly pro-gun GOP in the state seems to be embracing the bills.

To be fair, they’re not the most drastic anti-gun measures we’ve seen, but they’re still problematic.

Because of this problematic nature, pro-gun representatives are probably feeling like their backs are up against the wall.

They’re looking for ways to fight this infringement on personal liberty any way they can.

I can’t say I find fault with this particular method.

Seeking to derail two bills that he said infringe on gun owners’ constitutional rights, state Rep. Aaron Bernstine has filed 79 amendments for the House to discuss and debate.

“We’re going to do every single thing that we can do to stop the folks in the anti-gun movement of achieving their goals of removing firearms from law-abiding citizens in Pennsylvania,” said Bernstine, R-10, New Beaver.

Bernstine is a staunch Second Amendment supporter who posted video on Facebook of himself at a gun range shortly after his driveway was vandalized last year and recently tweeted a photo of him and his young son target shooting.

House Bills 1872 and 2227, Bernstine insisted, would violate the Pennsylvania constitution, which states that the right for Pennsylvanians to bear arms “shall not be questioned.”

Both of the bills passed the House Judiciary Committee and have been referred the Rules Committee.

House Bill 2227 passed in an 18-9 vote on Tuesday, while House Bill 1872 passed 14-13 on Wednesday.

Bernstine’s effort is a noble gesture, even if it turns out to be a futile one.

Burying the bills in amendments slows down the process completely and may well “nerf” some of the more egregious possibilities of both of these bills.

As such, it’s actually a pretty smart move.

Even if it doesn’t block the bill, it may well make them less of an infringement on people’s right to keep and bear arms.

It sucks, but this is how the legislative game is played, and while I’m sure anti-gunners are already crying foul over this one, both sides do stuff like this all the time.

The goal is to either include poison pills or, at a minimum, make the least intrusive law humanly possible.

It’s just a shame that it’s even necessary.

The solution to many of these situations isn’t new laws, but enforcement of our existing laws. With news that so many of these shooters are domestic abusers, I can’t help but see enforcement of our domestic violence laws as being the key to stopping so many of these killings.

Prosecute those who beat their families and then they can’t get legal access to guns in the first place.
    https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/0...nti-gun-bills/
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Montgomery County)

People should be calling their state reps and senators again today to let them know we are against all of these anti gun bills.
    It doesn't matter if they are pro gun or anti gun, it is still worthwhile to make the calls and keep the pressure on them.
    The guys who are constituents of Metcalfe, please stay in touch with his office and keep us informed about what is happening.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast