Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Glock 43 shoots laser beams.

On fathers day, I took my dad out to A&S indoor range in Youngwood. I had never been there before. Its a nice place.

My goal was to let my dad rent some different compact and single stack 9mms, because he has been borrowing my G26 and needs to find something for himself.

We shot the 26, a G19, G43, a Ruger LC9s and an M&P shield. I can say I did not care for the trigger on the Ruger, and the shield was worse. Nice little guns otherwise, but I would rather have any of the Glocks.

The Glock 43 especially, was very accurate for me. At about 8-10 yards I couldn't miss. I was giving the target pierced ears. This was also the gun my dad ended up preferring, and we later found one online for a nice price.

I was very impressed with the 43 and did consider one for myself, but I decided I don't really need a smaller 9mm than the 26, and its ability to accept the higher capacity mags of the larger 9mm Glocks helped me decide to keep it in the stable, even though I don't shoot it quite as well as the 43.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Glock 43 shoots laser beams.

I wonder if the LC9s is being made with a different trigger setup than when they first came out. That is unless you thought it was too light for self defense, you didn’t say. I find the worse part of Glock triggers is when the hole in the slide for the striker safety is rough and it gritties up the pull. Most strikers fail at this. I don’t notice it on series 80 1911s.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Allegheny County)

Interesting, I have owned 7 Glock 43s over the last year and a half. Loved carrying the gun, the grip fit my hand perfectly, and I shot it good. However, I did not enjoy shooting it. After a box, I was done... I kept giving them a try (hence 7, I usually purchase 2 or 3 guns at a time if its going to be my EDC gun) but could never grow to like shooting them, again I can shoot the 43 good, but don't enjoy shooting it. I could never see myself going to a 2-3 day class and using one for the duration of the class.

Found a used Gen 3 26 with a custom grip reduction and stippling job that fit my hand perfectly. I really like the gun, first 26 that worked its way into a EDC gun for me (I've owned a few 26s over the years too, my wife switched to the 26 in 2005 and has been EDCing it since then). I would use this gun during an extended training session without any problem. Going to get some new night sites for it soon and already have several holsters and extra mags for it... to include several Magpul 12 rounders that have been 100% reliable so far.

I will say that I did keep my 43 holsters and several extra mags just because one never knows....
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

The 43 is a good gun I just do not enjoy shooting it as much as my wife's Shield which I find better in all ways (subjective of course) except for weight when it comes to concealing and carrying.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I wonder if the LC9s is being made with a different trigger setup than when they first came out. That is unless you thought it was too light for self defense, you didn’t say. I find the worse part of Glock triggers is when the hole in the slide for the striker safety is rough and it gritties up the pull. Most strikers fail at this. I don’t notice it on series 80 1911s.
    I'm sorry, you are right. I did not specify. I did think the Ruger trigger was too light. I found myself unintentionally double tapping more than once.

The shield on the other hand was too long of a pull. It reminded me of a DAO trigger. Didnt care for it at all.

(Washington County)

As for the 43, I did not feel any discomfort at all when shooting it, and my dad didn't mention any either. Between the two of us we probably ran 80-90 rounds through it. We were shooting blazer brass, perhaps that is a weaker load?

I remember thinking the trigger on this 43 was cleaner than any other Glock I had fired.

(Berks County)

A lot depends on your hands and your health as to how a gun feels to you. They shoot for what they think is the average hand size and strength, then add a little lawyer input. I think the shield feels like a bar of soap (shape), I like the feel of the sub compact M&P better but the shield carries better. I like my S&W640-1 with crimson trace laser grips (not the boot) better than any semi except the 1911. The Springfield EMP is a favorite but I like the laser grip for carry.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man