Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    OUT TO LUNCH
    Posts
    3,825
    Rep Power
    10605431

    Default Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    I apply for a DMAP tag in an area that runs out quickly. I stay up and purchase my license at midnight. I can't believe we will soon be sending in pink envelopes soon. I could honestly skip from June to the middle of September without any regrets. I have cameras out already and have done some mild pruning. At any rate, licenses go on sale in eight minutes. Get em' while they are hot.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,552
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I apply for a DMAP tag in an area that runs out quickly. I stay up and purchase my license at midnight. I can't believe we will soon be sending in pink envelopes soon. I could honestly skip from June to the middle of September without any regrets. I have cameras out already and have done some mild pruning. At any rate, licenses go on sale in eight minutes. Get em' while they are hot.
    Thanks for the reminder just one more thing to add to this weeks list. I was just on the PGC site yesterday longing up the dates antlerless permits go up.

    I also secured a good spot that is healthy in Turkey today.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    3,968
    Rep Power
    21368009

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    Jules,
    do they mail you your license?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    OUT TO LUNCH
    Posts
    3,825
    Rep Power
    10605431

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Jules,
    do they mail you your license?
    Yes, everything comes in a large envelope within 7-10 days. Edited to add that it comes complete with a few pink doe tag envelopes as well.
    Last edited by ar15jules; June 18th, 2018 at 12:47 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,552
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    Do standard hunting licenses ever sell out? I purchased mine last year in July a few days before antlerless permits started and had no issues.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Luzerne County, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)
    Posts
    3,323
    Rep Power
    5514206

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    No, regular hunting licenses do not sell out, although the licensed seller may have issues and not be able to sell/print you a license on that particular day.

    Antlerless licenses are the ones that sell out fast. Some areas (WMU's) faster than others. Other licenses for species like bobcat, etc can also sell out fast too.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,552
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    No, regular hunting licenses do not sell out, although the licensed seller may have issues and not be able to sell/print you a license on that particular day.

    Antlerless licenses are the ones that sell out fast. Some areas (WMU's) faster than others. Other licenses for species like bobcat, etc can also sell out fast too.
    That's what I thought.

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    POCONO MOUNTAINS, PENNSYLVANIA, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Age
    67
    Posts
    2,390
    Rep Power
    18149766

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    Thank you for the notice ! We hunt the 3-D and get usually 1-2 Anterless permits ! I can smell those steaks on the grill come season already !

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Northcoast, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    I'm actually hunting PA since my youngest is officially a hunter this year. Kinda hoping to get both boys in the woods but the oldest doesn't know if he'll be able to get off work. I told him welcome to responsibility.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    On top of a hill, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,552
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Hunting Licenses on Sale 06/18/2018

    Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    I'm actually hunting PA since my youngest is officially a hunter this year. Kinda hoping to get both boys in the woods but the oldest doesn't know if he'll be able to get off work. I told him welcome to responsibility.
    Correct it's his responsibility to call out and make sure his ass is in tree stand!
    In all seriousness this is exactly the reason why we need Sunday hunting reestablished in PA.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. temporary hunting licenses
    By Bmarshall91 in forum Hunting
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 10th, 2015, 03:08 PM
  2. New licenses on sale June 13
    By dk99358 in forum Hunting
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: June 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
  3. Hunting Licenses
    By Darkincin in forum Erie
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: October 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM
  4. Shakey's Has Hunting Licenses!
    By Fazer6PA in forum Hunting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 30th, 2010, 05:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops