Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannon safes?

Default Cannon safes?

I received the TSC flier in the mail last night and noticed these were on sale.
    I have a Liberty now and figured I'd just get another one but what sweetens this deal is I also have a gift card which makes this really cheap.
    Who here has any experience with these?

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...e?cm_vc=-10005

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Cannon safes?

I have a similar model I got from tractor supply decent RSC (residential security container) It'll slow people down just understand what your getting for the price not as many bolts, easier to cut open, haven't had any issues with flooding (and I hope I never have to find out) but I doubt it's waterproof unless the fire seal is activated first and even then it's going to be questionable. But if your like me putting it in a place that's hard to find it does exactly what it should slows down someone without professional tools exponentially if not all together and keeps the young ones from access it's a great little container. (piece of advice though if you don't already know, don't store things like sawzall's or heavy pry bars near it kinda makes it much easer to crack)

I have a Cannon TS6026E from back in 2012, sold by Tractor Supply. It's as decent a safe as you'll get in that price range.
    Be warned though, that 34" width means that top unsupported shelf will sag under load.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Susquehanna County)

I have the Wide and Tall (48"w x 24"d x 60"t) that they stopped selling. My model came with a SG digital lock, door activated lights, pass through power/alarm portal with 3ea 110V plugs inside. $900 new 3 years ago.
    PARKER'S SAFES AND VAULTS takes an in depth look at a Cannon Tractor Supply gunsafe. https://binged.it/2JMSqVe

As far as chain store safes go I think this is the best bang for the buck. I did A LOT of research and the TSC safes are some of the nicest built chain store safes for under $1500.

It's not going to keep a real thief busy for days.. but it will keep druggies/teenagers and other random breakin thugs away from your guns.

My plan is to replace the SG digital with a SecurRam SafeLogic EMP safe Digital / Mechanical lock
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

Wall around the safe, and anchor it to the floor.

Will stop most smash and grab folks.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    I have a Cannon TS6026E from back in 2012, sold by Tractor Supply. It's as decent a safe as you'll get in that price range.
    Be warned though, that 34" width means that top unsupported shelf will sag under load.
    Yeah.. the shelves will sag with a load.. I used 1/2" aluminum angle and screwed it the bottom of both shelves just under and along the front edge. no problems
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Aye. Safe's aren't much more than inconvenient storage cubes, for people trying to get your shit. Nothing stops a truly determined person.
    If you could find an external hinge door safe for the same, I'd go that way. But for the money (mine was roughly the same price) it'll do the job you probably want done.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

Dollar for dollar, I don't think you can go wrong with these TSC Cannon safes. I've been known to buy a few of them in the past. Like you, I had a gift card and they were on sale. I bought it and when I got it home I found it had a golf ball sized ding on the bottom rail. I called them up and they said to take a few pictures and come back to the store for a discount. I was expecting maybe a $20-$25 discount. I got 25% off of the full price, not the sales price, but the full price of the safe.

Now that my friends is customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    I have the Wide and Tall (48"w x 24"d x 60"t) that they stopped selling. My model came with a SG digital lock, door activated lights, pass through power/alarm portal with 3ea 110V plugs inside. $900 new 3 years ago.
    PARKER'S SAFES AND VAULTS takes an in depth look at a Cannon Tractor Supply gunsafe. https://binged.it/2JMSqVe

As far as chain store safes go I think this is the best bang for the buck. I did A LOT of research and the TSC safes are some of the nicest built chain store safes for under $1500.

It's not going to keep a real thief busy for days.. but it will keep druggies/teenagers and other random breakin thugs away from your guns.

My plan is to replace the SG digital with a SecurRam SafeLogic EMP safe Digital / Mechanical lock

I have this exact safe too. I wish they still sold them.

Thanks guys.

Those MDF shelves are horrible for holding any kind of weight. I used to put ammo on the top shelf in my Liberty until one day I noticed the sag. I turned it over and put the ammo back until it straightened out again, now only paper work goes up there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast