Default 3 Ways a Police Officer Can Stop You in Pennsylvania While Carrying

3 Ways a Police Officer Can Stop You in Pennsylvania While Carrying
    https://www.uslawshield.com/3-ways-a...hile-carrying/

• Voluntary Contact
    • Involuntary Detention
    • Arrest

--ET

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: 3 Ways a Police Officer Can Stop You in Pennsylvania While Carrying

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    3 Ways a Police Officer Can LAWFULLY Stop You in Pennsylvania While Carrying
    minor correction
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

So, the RAS thing is void?

(Franklin County)

Also, "3 Ways a Police Officer Can Stop You in Pennsylvania While NOT Carrying"
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Delaware County)

Good info, but the far more likely interaction with law enforcement while cc is during a minor traffic stop. As I understand it, PA is a "no duty to inform" state. Proceed as you see fit under the circumstances. Most likely, Id keep my trap shut so as not to spook the cop and possibly have him disarm me, putting me at risk. If the officer asked me to step out of the car however, at that point I would inform.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Jefferson County)

If carrying openly, keep in mind the Hawkins ruling for PA. Com. v. Hawkins, 692 A.2d 1068 (Pa. 1997)

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinio...com-v-hawkins/
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Indiana County)

The absolutely first thing required in order for a police officer to stop you is to have a police officer.

Today I took a trip to Indiana, Pa. with my wife. As usual, I OCed. Along the way, probably bored silly, we sighted a state trooper running radar on a not-heavily-trafficked road.

Once in and around Indiana Borough and surrounding White Township, we stopped at an antique store just outside of the borough. I OCed as usual.

We then stopped at Indiana Mall so she could pick up a piece of Swarovski crystal for her collection. Yes, the mall has some rules posted off to the side of the entrance, plus we were going into a jewelry store, so my shirt became undone and covered my handgun. Out of sight, out of mind, and I can understand jewelry stores being a wee bit touchy about people carrying firearms.

Then it was off to Walmart for a brief stop so she could get something that only they had. Once again, my shirt was properly tucked in and I OCed as usual.

That was followed by a stop at the Get-Go gas station to fill my tank and cash in my Giant Eagle fuel perks (brought the gas price down to $1.69 a gallon). More OCing.

Last stop before heading home was a nice meal at Ruby Tuesday's. She had a large Ruby Relaxer, I had a small Sam Adams. Again, still OCing.

Bottom line? Nobody said anything about the OCing, good or bad. And we never saw a single police officer or state trooper, walking or driving, other than that single instance early on in the trip.

(Allegheny County)

Shit. You just ruined it for everyone else.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Indiana County)

The Indiana County Sheriff's Office has a No Moonlighting rule. Until recently, however, it wasn't enforced. As a result of this nonenforcement, some deputy sheriffs took on addition duties as part-time police officers in outlying boroughs (yes, they were also Act 120 certified).

The county's sheriff recently announced re-enforcement of the existing policy with a 30-day deadline.

As a result, the Borough of Cherry Tree, population 364 or so, which had one part-time chief and three part-time officers, lost its chief and one officer. The borough police force contracts out its services to surrounding boroughs and townships, and actually ends up making money for the borough through such contracting. What will happen now? Unknown.

The Borough of Homer City, population 1,707 or so, which had one full-time chief and three part-time officers, lost two part-time officers. Any out-of-borough contracting is unknown by me.

White Township, population 15,821 or so, completely surrounds the Borough of Indiana and has no police force, contracted or otherwise. It depends totally on the state police for services.

As previously stated, the absolutely first thing required in order for a police officer to stop you is to have a police officer. No cops, no stops.

I suppose most areas of contact could be narrowed down to those three situations. The Lawyer up shut up method is recommended. YMMV
    Last edited by Daycrawler; June 14th, 2018 at 11:53 PM.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.