Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Another article about DICKS. Shareholder pushes back, board does not care.

It would seem that as in life, so it goes in business. Dicks is owned by a bunch of pussies.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Another article about DICKS. Shareholder pushes back, board does not care.

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Geez , this forum is obsessed with DICK'S!
    Well in all honesty, even before the broughaha with the so called "assault weapons" issue Dick's was a suck ass store. At least the one in Downingtown was and I guess it still is. I was in the one on Rte. 202 in Delaware once looking for something I believe it was bicycle tire tubes and that store was even more suck ass than the one in Downingtown. They didn't even have tubes there and the sales people had no idea what I was talking about. Losers.

If you own stock in Dick's you already know it's a shaky investment. In the last five years it has gone from mediocre to crap. No investor in their right mind would own that scrap of a stock in the first place. It has gone from a high of $50 five years ago to hover the drain at $30 for the past year or two. The CEO thinks that's good? He's delusional. It won't be long now that any company that has to do with firearms won't do business with Dick's and that will spell demise for either a belligerent CEO and/or a crappy sporting goods store.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Well in all honesty, even before the broughaha with the so called "assault weapons" issue Dick's was a suck ass store. At least the one in Downingtown was and I guess it still is. I was in the one on Rte. 202 in Delaware once looking for something I believe it was bicycle tire tubes and that store was even more suck ass than the one in Downingtown. They didn't even have tubes there and the sales people had no idea what I was talking about. Losers.

If you own stock in Dick's you already know it's a shaky investment. In the last five years it has gone from mediocre to crap. No investor in their right mind would own that scrap of a stock in the first place. It has gone from a high of $50 five years ago to hover the drain at $30 for the past year or two. The CEO thinks that's good? He's delusional. It won't be long now that any company that has to do with firearms won't do business with Dick's and that will spell demise for either a belligerent CEO and/or a crappy sporting goods store.
    I suspect a bigger threat to their stock and financial standing is the same threat to every other brick and mortar retailer. That is Amazon.com.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    I suspect a bigger threat to their stock and financial standing is the same threat to every other brick and mortar retailer. That is Amazon.com.
    It is a challenging market for the brick and mortars anymore and it defies logic that one would alienate even a small portion of their customers. I remember something about J.C. Penny's having a top dog with a strange attitude a decade or so ago, they're still trying to recover from that.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post

I haven't set foot in one of their stores since the last time they banned the sales of AR15 rifles. Do you all remember way back in the day when they wouldn't fulfill existing AR15 rifle orders?

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Geez , this forum is obsessed with DICK'S!
    More worrisome, I bet the first thing people think about when hear DICK’S is Emptymag.

Am I wrong????

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    More worrisome, I bet the first thing people think about when hear DICK’S is Emptymag.

Am I wrong????
    For me it's tornadoes that come to mind.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Monroe County)

I hope they get hit with a tornado...oh wait.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Philadelphia County)

Would it have been awesome if that Dicks store was the only building that was damaged?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Fuck them and everyone who still supports them by shopping there - giving them money to use to literally use to strip your 2A rights from you.
    Agree 100%. Now the question - during the great .22LR blight of Obama - how many Puffy-Foans shopped there for the .22 ammo? Hope not many.

But bet your ass the rest of the anti-EBR "gunowners" did.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast