Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Candidate who cut AR-15 loses primary, badly

A Virginia Congressional candidate well-known for a publicity stunt against guns while on the campaign trail picked up an endorsement from gun control groups but not a lot of votes.

Karen Mallard, a teacher running a low-budget campaign to win the Democratic primary for Virginia’s 2nd U.S. House District, only picked up 37 percent of the vote on Tuesday against the better-funded Elaine Luria, a former Navy officer who runs a Norfolk art studio. With all precincts reporting, Luria grabbed 62 percent of the votes and will face Republican incumbent U.S. Rep. Scott Taylor in November.

“Congratulations to Elaine Luria for winning the Democratic Primary tonight,” conceded Mallard. “Good luck in the General Election. I look forward to helping you defeat Taylor in November.”

Mallard came to the public eye outside of her district on March 7 when she posted a two-minute video on social media during which she announced she was destroying her husband’s AR-15 in an act of solidarity with Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students in Parkland, Florida, protesting for gun control in the wake of a school shooting that claimed the lives of 17 people. Using a portable saw, she removed the front several inches of the rifle’s barrel and handguard, prefaced and followed with a diatribe on gun violence.

The video since then has been viewed 3 million times and, as reported by numerous media outlets, earned her at least some scrutiny from law enforcement although the educator turned political candidate contended she did nothing wrong.

Mallard announced on March 22, two weeks after the incident, that she had been endorsed as a “gun sense candidate” by Moms Demand Action. In the post describing the endorsement, she used the hashtag #OneLessGun.

In June, the (Newport News) Daily Press reported that Mallard said, “I took a lot of heat when I destroyed my husband’s AR-15 in an act of solidarity with the students of Parkland, Florida. I would do it again. We have to take a stand. Enough is enough.” The paper said he supported a ban on some semi-auto firearms and bump stocks, universal background checks, and a seven-day waiting period for gun purchases.

While the gun control group allied with former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s Everytown organization may have thrown their support behind Mallard, Luria got the nod from Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s Red to Blue initiative which helped balloon the Navy vet’s fundraising, causing Mallard to inisit that she was “not getting a fair shot.”
    http://www.guns.com/2018/06/13/candi...primary-badly/
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Default Re: Candidate who cut AR-15 loses primary, badly

I'm sure the only thing that surpassed her originality and independent thought as a candidate is her teaching ability.

(Berks County)

Sucks to be her. It doesn't look like our wacky candidates are faring too well thus far, let's keep up the trend.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

#onelessgunonemorevictim
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Lehigh County)

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Sucks to be her.
    It sucks to be her husband even more.
    Je suis déplorable

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    It sucks to be her husband even more.
    Hey! Now a days it could be "wife"...
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Columbia County)

And now for the bad news. Her opponent Elaine Luria, isn't any better on guns. According to her website here is what she has to say about second amendment rights;

That is why my approach to reducing preventable gun violence in our communities is to prioritize public safety and keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them, like domestic abusers, terrorists, the mentally ill, and violent criminals. In the Navy, I swore to uphold our Constitution and I am confident we can protect our communities from preventable gun violence while preserving law-abiding citizens’ 2nd Amendment rights. That’s why I support repealing the Dickey Amendment so that the CDC can research solutions regarding gun violence, passing universal background checks on all gun purchases, banning bump stocks, prohibiting the sale of assault weapons, and implementing a federal “No Fly, No Buy” policy. I do not believe arming teachers in classrooms is an appropriate response and I have called on my Republican opponent to join me in rejecting campaign donations from the gun lobby.
    https://elaineforcongress.com/elaine...nggunviolence/

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    And now for the bad news. Her opponent Elaine Luria, isn't any better on guns. According to her website here is what she has to say about second amendment rights;

That is why my approach to reducing preventable gun violence in our communities is to prioritize public safety and keep guns out of the hands of people who shouldn’t have them, like domestic abusers, terrorists, the mentally ill, and violent criminals. In the Navy, I swore to uphold our Constitution and I am confident we can protect our communities from preventable gun violence while preserving law-abiding citizens’ 2nd Amendment rights. That’s why I support repealing the Dickey Amendment so that the CDC can research solutions regarding gun violence, passing universal background checks on all gun purchases, banning bump stocks, prohibiting the sale of assault weapons, and implementing a federal “No Fly, No Buy” policy. I do not believe arming teachers in classrooms is an appropriate response and I have called on my Republican opponent to join me in rejecting campaign donations from the gun lobby.

https://elaineforcongress.com/elaineonpreventinggunviolence/
    Not even elected yet and she's already a lying sack of shit.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

preserving 2nd Amendment rights?
    Last edited by :-); June 13th, 2018 at 10:58 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast