Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Cfarley27

(Allegheny County)

Default Cfarley27

Attempted to make a purchase from Mr. Farley, asked for a simple copy of both the front and rear of his drivers license to ensure he was the actual individual listed and he sent a copy covering the pertinent info such as drivers number and identifiable info. I declined too purchase until I could have a full copy of his ID, which he refused to send. He relished item for a lower price, I offered $10 over his asking price to help with shipping, so he increased the price $35 over his asking price. I’m sorry but this individual does not appear to be on the up and up. This is the first time in my history on this site leaving negative feedback on anyone...
    Last edited by NathanW; June 13th, 2018 at 04:04 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Cfarley27

Quote Originally Posted by NathanW View Post
    Attempted to make a purchase from Mr. Farley, asked for a simple copy of both the front and rear of his drivers license to ensure he was the actual individual listed and he sent a copy covering the pertinent info such as drivers number and identifiable info. I declined too purchase until I could have a full copy of his ID, which he refused to send. He relished item for a lower price, I offered $10 over his asking price to help with shipping, so he increased the price $35 over his asking price. I’m sorry but this individual does not appear to be on the up and up.
    $350 * 1.03 = 360ish to cover for PP fees.

$25 for shipping which includes Priority plus insurance.

Seems reasonable to me.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cfarley27 View Post
    $350 * 1.03 = 360ish to cover for PP fees.

$25 for shipping which includes Priority plus insurance.

Seems reasonable to me.

Yet you still would not show a copy of your ID. That’s shady no matter how you view it Mr Farley, particularly when you are requesting someone send you $385 via Paypal with NO verification of your identity... a fool and his money are easily parted, me, not so much.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanW View Post
    Yet you still would not show a copy of your ID. That’s shady no matter how you view it Mr Farley, particularly when you are requesting someone send you $385 via Paypal with NO verification of your identity... a fool and his money are easily parted, me, not so much.
    Actually not the whole story. I gave you a picture of my ID without the number on top, so you had all other relevant information. I also gave you the back without the QRC code or whatever is scannable at the bottom. '

Out of all of the transactions I have done on PAFOA, Armslist, and Reddit, which included shipping firearms, never once has someone been as difficult as you to work with. Not only is it odd to show you my ID, for security reasons (I don't know who you are), but no one has ever balked at the cost of shipping fees due to Priority mail being expensive and not including insurance over $50.

In all reality, you are just being difficult with a trivial amount of money asking for my personal information over the internet which includes my PA state ID number when I have no idea who you are, your resources, or what you might do in the future with said information. Not only that but I was willing to properly invoice you on Paypal for said object which would provide both you and my self with protections should a problem arise.

Unfortunately for us both, we could not come to agreeable terms (either based on price or my unwillingness to give out personal information), which is fine with me, yet you felt the need to leave negative feedback on a transaction that never happened. No one lost money or was harmed in this situation, yet you are upset about not getting a Trijicon RMR. You also claimed to be able to get a RMR straight from Trijicon for $350 because you are a LEO. If this is truly the case, why wouldn't you just buy it straight from them unopened? Serious concerns come to my mind when someone wants to pay MORE for a OPENED product from an online forum when they are supposedly capable to get it direct from the source NEW for the same price.

I apologize you couldn't buy my RMR and that I was unwilling to send my personal information. Best of luck to you in the future.

(Allegheny County)

Again Mr. Farley you are being less than forthright. I stated as and LEO, and LEO firearms trainer I receive special pricing from Trijicon on optics. In the case of the RMR 2 my pricing is $410 (as I clearly stated in PM on this site, if you prefer I can do a screenshot of that conversation if your memory fails you?). I also offered complete verification of both my credentials including my license, and LEO ID. My complaint sir is that you requested a large sum of money with no verification of your identity, that is against any advisable transaction protocol both personally and as outlined on this very site.
    Last edited by NathanW; June 14th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.

(York County)

Good deal. Everything was as described, showed up on time, friendly guy. All good, would deal with him again.
    --Adam

(Lancaster County)

I had a quick and painless transaction with cfarley27. Excellent communication, early for our meeting, great item at a very good price.