Hi all,

I am visiting PA from Phoenix, AZ. So my father lives in PA but I live out of state.

We have some family guns he no longer users that are just gathering rust in the basement so he wants me to take them to phoenix to fix up and have fun with (I have a nice collection out there to put them in). They are all long guns, no pistols.

My question is how does it work? In PA I know father/son transfers are a special case where you don't need to do anything special. He can just give me the guns as they're not pistols. However I do live out of state, does that makes things tricky? I am going to ship FFL to FFL, so that's not a concern, and I'll pick them up in AZ from the FFL there no problem. It's the father/son transfer I'm unsure about. My father can't make it to the FFL in PA due to scheduling, so can he legally give them to me as I'm his son, even though I live out of state, and then I ship them FFL to FFL?

I've spoken with some people and it seems he can just give them to me, but I want to be extra extra thorough as the gun laws have been changing and getting stricter.

Thanks!