Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Ongoing internet pissing match with Bucks Co shops

Apparently recently a woman and her SO went to Guardian in Warminster wearing a Target World t-shirt. Naturally there's 2 sides to every story. She claims she was harassed, berated and otherwise treated like dirt after spending $200 between ammo and rental(s). They claim they asked her politely not to display/advertise for their competition and afterwards her or her BF flamed them nonstop including threats on social media to the point they filed a complaint with the local PD. I really don't care too much as far as that goes but I see all of the other locals getting their flame on on their respective FB pages. The beached whale at Clayton's got into it, Tanner's is in on it now. I'm not sure if Target World has responded yet, though. Common sense to me would be for them to shut up and move on as quickly as possible. FWIW, I have had great experiences at Guardian (the range is beautiful), Target World is much, MUCH better now than with the crew of days gone by (also fantastic new range). Clayton's I can take or leave. I never cared for their customer service although the selection is decent. I will admit that while Tanner's is the cheapest by far, the last time I stopped in to put a down payment on a rifle, I was ignored for 15 minutes standing in line while the worker bees behind the counter looked in my general direction but proceeded to continue their bullshitting.

Anyone see this whole thing unfolding? Thoughts, opinions, comments?

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Ongoing internet pissing match with Bucks Co shops

Overall, businesses should STFU about what people are wearing unless it's something that's a safety issue (flip flops at a gun range).
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Gun shops should be supporting each other and not get involved with the Ford vs Chevy debates.

Most of the time, customers probably don't think about what shirt they are wearing and if I'm gun shopping...I typically will hit all gun shops in the area I'll be at and if that offends a gun shop...they need to go into another business.

(Chester County)

I have some of the cheap Cabela's and TSC hats that I wear frequently and never think about it when I put one on. I have received some jokes about wearing my Cabela's hats into local gun shops, but nothing beyond a light-hearted ribbing. If I ever had someone treat me rudely or berate me the problem would solve itself because I would leave their shop never to return.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

(Bucks County)

The entire story was on FB.

Tanners kept their mouth shut it was customers using it as outlet. Claytons about the same except they said if you came in wearing another stores shirt you might have been offered their hat and shirt.

If the young lady's story is true then the guardian center was out of line.

Any way you shake it meh

(Monroe County)

Silly game, only winning move is not to play.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post

Tanners kept their mouth shut it was customers using it as outlet. Claytons about the same except they said if you came in wearing another stores shirt you might have been offered their hat and shirt.

Any way you shake it meh
    After reading through guardians responses, I honestly feel they were in the wrong, but are being arrogant about it and they feel their dumbass customers who pay $1200/yr for a fucking membership are going to continue to pay up

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    Apparently recently a woman and her SO went to Guardian in Warminster wearing a Target World t-shirt. Naturally there's 2 sides to every story. She claims she was harassed, berated and otherwise treated like dirt after spending $200 between ammo and rental(s). They claim they asked her politely not to display/advertise for their competition and afterwards her or her BF flamed them nonstop including threats on social media to the point they filed a complaint with the local PD. I really don't care too much as far as that goes but I see all of the other locals getting their flame on on their respective FB pages. The beached whale at Clayton's got into it, Tanner's is in on it now. I'm not sure if Target World has responded yet, though. Common sense to me would be for them to shut up and move on as quickly as possible. FWIW, I have had great experiences at Guardian (the range is beautiful), Target World is much, MUCH better now than with the crew of days gone by (also fantastic new range). Clayton's I can take or leave. I never cared for their customer service although the selection is decent. I will admit that while Tanner's is the cheapest by far, the last time I stopped in to put a down payment on a rifle, I was ignored for 15 minutes standing in line while the worker bees behind the counter looked in my general direction but proceeded to continue their bullshitting.

Anyone see this whole thing unfolding? Thoughts, opinions, comments?
    Actually there is three sides to every story ! His,Hers and the TRUTH !

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post

Any way you shake it meh
    giving me a free hat and/or shirt when I walk in the door, if you don't like the one(s) I'm wearing, is acceptable to me. after all, who doesn't like free swag?
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Lancaster County)

"Social Media"...what a joke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast