Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    ^^^^ Then to all involved and interested write or otherwise message the management of Youtube and tell how much you value their product, but vehemently disagree with their anti-gun stance and why.
    We are in the middle of a global cold war and Google/YouTube has already chosen a side.
    They are not interested in the needs of the United States let alone the Second Amendment community.
    We should be focusing on paving our own road, and not be wasting our time groveling to use theirs while being forced to wear their ideological yoke.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    NEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Wyoming County)
    Posts
    1,231
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    My issue is going the other way around...

    Having gun videos on YouTube means that a lot of people can access them. By that, I mean, a lot of non gun owners watch firearms related content on YouTube all the time. You see it in the comments. People from all over the place, not just all over the US, but all over the world, watch gun videos on YouTube just because they're interested in it. Maybe not enough to own anything, but at least somewhat interested in it. And there's no doubting that there's firearms related ties to more widespread cultural things like movies or video games (heck, my favorite handgun I bought partially because of that reason alone). People want to learn more about that cool thing they saw in a movie or used in a game.

    That means we have a voice to at least a portion of the non gun owning public. Maybe it gets someone interested in joining up and giving shooting or hunting a try. But even if it doesn't, it's at least an opportunity for someone to see our side. To consider it. Because that's the only way you're going to keep your gun rights in the long term... If you can convince the public to be on our side.

    If you have a gun-centric video site, not only will gun owners not be able to see non gun related videos, but non gun owners won't be able to see gun related videos. And I think that's a problem.
    Great point- there are channels on YouTube that specifically target novice or non-gun owners that would probably otherwise not see gun content -The Yankee Marshall comes to mind as he has specifically addressed this, as has InRange with their decision to publish on PornHub.

    I would happily contribute financially to full30 and have emailed them about implementing a subscription service just to try and help them grow and improve their services. Never heard back.

    I never paid for the Subscription service YouTube and have emailed them as well about being dissatisfied with their bias and that I would never consider a subscription while they continue to harass gun content makers

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    5,657
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    WRT Youtube"s cancellations there's this from "The Firearms Blog"


    source: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...kly+Newsletter

    It up right now.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/brownellsinc
    Proof Armed citizens make a difference. http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=316012

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    As far as I'm concerned it makes no difference if they unbanned Brownells.
    It doesn't change the bigger picture about what YouTube has been doing and will continue to do.
    The 2A community has no choice but to proactively start its own secure platform.
    Otherwise we will always be subjected to the whims of the Liberal Democrat anti 2A ideology.
    This fight also includes access to Conservative political communication during election cycles.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,087
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I just had a video pulled from YT for violation of the conditions. It was 5 years old and did not violate anything. I appealed and they reinstated. Whoopity-doo! I just signed up at UTG... going to start posting over there now.

    https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/@bigdawgbeav
    That sucks. I've had some videos taken down, but haven't gotten a community strike yet. I'm guessing it's only going to be a matter of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    My issue is going the other way around...

    Having gun videos on YouTube means that a lot of people can access them. By that, I mean, a lot of non gun owners watch firearms related content on YouTube all the time. You see it in the comments. People from all over the place, not just all over the US, but all over the world, watch gun videos on YouTube just because they're interested in it. Maybe not enough to own anything, but at least somewhat interested in it. And there's no doubting that there's firearms related ties to more widespread cultural things like movies or video games (heck, my favorite handgun I bought partially because of that reason alone). People want to learn more about that cool thing they saw in a movie or used in a game.

    That means we have a voice to at least a portion of the non gun owning public. Maybe it gets someone interested in joining up and giving shooting or hunting a try. But even if it doesn't, it's at least an opportunity for someone to see our side. To consider it. Because that's the only way you're going to keep your gun rights in the long term... If you can convince the public to be on our side.

    If you have a gun-centric video site, not only will gun owners not be able to see non gun related videos, but non gun owners won't be able to see gun related videos. And I think that's a problem.
    ^^^this^^^

    I'm not dropping off YouTube until they boot me. I just started doing videos about 6 months ago and have grown to @ 200 subsribers. I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of me quitting.

    I've started uploading to other places also. I have videos on Gunstreamer and Guntube.org. I might start an account on ugetube also. You can check out the others I mentioned as well. There's lots of YouTube channels trying different platforms out.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,394
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post
    I'm not dropping off YouTube until they boot me. I just started doing videos about 6 months ago and have grown to @ 200 subsribers. I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of me quitting.

    I've started uploading to other places also. I have videos on Gunstreamer and Guntube.org. I might start an account on ugetube also. You can check out the others I mentioned as well. There's lots of YouTube channels trying different platforms out.
    I think putting your video on a secure 2A platform while keeping it on YouTube is a good interim transitional strategy.
    If YouTube eventually boots you, which I'm guessing they will, then you will be ready and properly situated.
    I would suggest including links on your YouTube page to the secure 2A platforms so your people will know where to go when YouTube bans you.
    It wold probably also be a good idea to include a note letting people know what YouTube is doing and that you may get banned.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    jersey shore, Pennsylvania
    (Lycoming County)
    Posts
    4,087
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: PRO GUN RIGHTS UGETube 2A Video Hosting Alternative To GUN BANNING YouTube

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    I just had a video pulled from YT for violation of the conditions. It was 5 years old and did not violate anything. I appealed and they reinstated. Whoopity-doo! I just signed up at UTG... going to start posting over there now.

    https://videos.utahgunexchange.com/@bigdawgbeav
    Quote Originally Posted by TooBigToFit View Post
    My issue is going the other way around...

    Having gun videos on YouTube means that a lot of people can access them. By that, I mean, a lot of non gun owners watch firearms related content on YouTube all the time. You see it in the comments. People from all over the place, not just all over the US, but all over the world, watch gun videos on YouTube just because they're interested in it. Maybe not enough to own anything, but at least somewhat interested in it. And there's no doubting that there's firearms related ties to more widespread cultural things like movies or video games (heck, my favorite handgun I bought partially because of that reason alone). People want to learn more about that cool thing they saw in a movie or used in a game.

    That means we have a voice to at least a portion of the non gun owning public. Maybe it gets someone interested in joining up and giving shooting or hunting a try. But even if it doesn't, it's at least an opportunity for someone to see our side. To consider it. Because that's the only way you're going to keep your gun rights in the long term... If you can convince the public to be on our side.

    If you have a gun-centric video site, not only will gun owners not be able to see non gun related videos, but non gun owners won't be able to see gun related videos. And I think that's a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I think putting your video on a secure 2A platform while keeping it on YouTube is a good interim transitional strategy.
    If YouTube eventually boots you, which I'm guessing they will, then you will be ready and properly situated.
    I would suggest including links on your YouTube page to the secure 2A platforms so your people will know where to go when YouTube bans you.
    It wold probably also be a good idea to include a note letting people know what YouTube is doing and that you may get banned.
    I have a second channel on YouTube that doesn't have gun content also, just in case. I figured I can use that to let people know where to find me if I get booted. Truthfully I do it more as a hobby and I have never monitized anything, even back when I could. Your right though, I should start including links to the other sites in all my descriptions.

    If it gets too bad, I can just make quick live streams on YouTube telling everyone when I have a new video out and where to go see it. That's the other big upside of YouTube. Other platforms just don't have the live capability that YouTube does and that's what I really like to do is live shows.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: August 5th, 2013, 11:35 PM
  2. Funny video about banning...
    By TaePo in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 13th, 2008, 09:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops