Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Bedford County)

Default Re: Ditch my S&W M&P40C for new carry gun?

A .40 shield sucks to shoot, but if you want one bad, I know a guy wanting to sell. That said I would go g26 or g43. Shoot go g23 if you like 40......and no I'm not a 40 hater, I like the round

(Columbia County)

I don’t know about the holster issue. However are you sure it’s the weight of the gun that is the problem or is it the size? The reason I ask is most of the compact models are thicker and bulkier than their full size models. If you want a lighter gun and a single stack keep in mind that as the gun gets smaller and lighter the muzzle climb climbs along with recoil, making accurate follow up shots not as quick. Larger calibers will add to this effect.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my M&P40C for a lighter carry gun. Anyone think I should/should not? (Thinking Glock 43, M&P Shield or Glock 26 off the top of my head. Hate stock Glock sights, though) I'd prefer to stay .40 S&W so I don't have to stock another caliber, but open to 9mm.

Started carrying my XD40SC today to see how much better, if at all, it feels for me vs the M&P. I carry everything IWB via Crossbreed holsters. Maybe the holster is my issue?
    I have the M&P 40C and the M&P Shield in the .40---- I love the shield. It's easy to carry and sometimes I don't [even] feel it through out the day in my belly band. However, make sure you practice plenty with it as it's "deceiving". In the hand it feels like a full frame gun however the short barrel takes a bit more practice at 10-15 yards. I was spot on with my 40C at 10, 15 and fairly accurate at 25 Yards...but with the Shield everything was low and left. I guess the shorter barrel accentuates your mistakes...eventually I worked through it with a simple re positioning of my finger on the trigger. BTW, search "low and left M&P shield---there's numerous threads on the subject.

Bottom line, I do love the shield and traded it straight up for my aging 92 FS---That's a gun I could NEVER shoot accurately.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

Do what you want. That's the cool thing about this. You don't need anyone's permission or opinion. I'm keeping mine. I like .40, I like capcity, I like ergonomics.

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

I carry a Glock 26 in an IWB white hat holster and really couldn't be happier with it. Most of the time with a hyve mag extension which give me some extra capacity and doesn't hinder concealability. I also wasn't a fan of the stock Glock sights and opted for the factory night sights for a little extra $. Maybe I have big hands or I'm just used to the 26 but the 43 feels too thin for me. You might want to take a look at the Sig 365 as well, It's certainly been tempting to me. When it comes to caliber the main reason I went 9mm was because its cheaper, and that lets me shoot more without breaking the bank haha.
    Last edited by Highnoone; June 29th, 2018 at 08:18 AM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my M&P40C for a lighter carry gun. Anyone think I should/should not? (Thinking Glock 43, M&P Shield or Glock 26 off the top of my head. Hate stock Glock sights, though) I'd prefer to stay .40 S&W so I don't have to stock another caliber, but open to 9mm.

Started carrying my XD40SC today to see how much better, if at all, it feels for me vs the M&P. I carry everything IWB via Crossbreed holsters. Maybe the holster is my issue?
    Your holster is too bulky.
    You don't need it, and it makes your carry less comfortable.

Get yourself something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    You can carry your S&W, or a Glock, or any other similar sized gun very comfortably with it (I like the G23 and G19).

You may need to upgrade your belt, a good carry belt makes a very big difference in holster comfort and function.
    Use a 1.5 inch reinforced belt, there are many on the market, I like the Latigo Holster Belt: https://www.nrastore.com/nra-dress-holster-belts
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(York County)

Personally, in a single stack .40 I very much like the Springfield XDS . It is a little larger than the Glock 43, and is very comfortable in my hand. The S&W Shield 2.0 is nice, but feels almost too thin in my hand. If you are switching to 9mm, dollar for dollar I find the Walther PPS M2 LE edition the best bang for the buck. For the price of about $400, you get an ergonomic and comfortable, single stack pistol factory equipped with night sights, 3 magazines, and a lockable hard case.
    Last edited by DClan; August 23rd, 2018 at 04:25 PM.
    TERRA MAGNUM IMPERIUM

(Bucks County)

What's the 40 c going for?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    What's the 40 c going for?
    I've been seeing them around $350 used.

(Chester County)

Decided to get rid of my M&P40C & replace with a Glock 43. If anyone wants to buy my M&P or trade for a G43, PM me.
    I've been carrying my XD40SC lately

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast