Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Chester County)

Default Ditch my S&W M&P40C for new carry gun?

I'm thinking of getting rid of my M&P40C for a lighter carry gun. Anyone think I should/should not? (Thinking Glock 43, M&P Shield or Glock 26 off the top of my head. Hate stock Glock sights, though) I'd prefer to stay .40 S&W so I don't have to stock another caliber, but open to 9mm.

Started carrying my XD40SC today to see how much better, if at all, it feels for me vs the M&P. I carry everything IWB via Crossbreed holsters. Maybe the holster is my issue?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Ditch my S&W M&P40C for new carry gun?

I'm sure you can pick up a .40 Shield for cheap. I don't think a G26/27 will be that different from an M&Pc so maybe steer towards the single stacks.

Also just bite the bullet and start stocking 9mm. There are advantages I'm sure your aware of.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    I'm sure you can pick up a .40 Shield for cheap. I don't think a G26/27 will be that different from an M&Pc so maybe steer towards the single stacks.

Also just bite the bullet and start stocking 9mm. There are advantages I'm sure your aware of.
    What about the G43?

Glock 43. with a IWB holster. Easier then carrying a cellphone. I won't sell mine and I have had a lot of guns over the years.
    Last edited by :-); June 11th, 2018 at 10:18 PM.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    Glock 43. with a IWB holster. Easier then carrying a cellphone. I won't sell mine and I have had a lot of guns over the years.
    What else have you carried IWB & what holster do you use?

I have IWB carried a Glock 19, 26 and a 17, sold the 26, I still carry the 19 when it's cooler out, summer I carry the 43.

I have the Talo edition it has better sights then the standard Glock sights, but you can always swap out standard sights.
    http://www.taloinc.com/glock-firearms/glock-43-glopro

This holster
    https://www.desantisholster.com/pegasus-kydex/slim-tuk/
    Last edited by :-); June 11th, 2018 at 11:14 PM.

(Bedford County)

A .40 shield sucks to shoot, but if you want one bad, I know a guy wanting to sell. That said I would go g26 or g43. Shoot go g23 if you like 40......and no I'm not a 40 hater, I like the round

(Columbia County)

I don’t know about the holster issue. However are you sure it’s the weight of the gun that is the problem or is it the size? The reason I ask is most of the compact models are thicker and bulkier than their full size models. If you want a lighter gun and a single stack keep in mind that as the gun gets smaller and lighter the muzzle climb climbs along with recoil, making accurate follow up shots not as quick. Larger calibers will add to this effect.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
    I'm thinking of getting rid of my M&P40C for a lighter carry gun. Anyone think I should/should not? (Thinking Glock 43, M&P Shield or Glock 26 off the top of my head. Hate stock Glock sights, though) I'd prefer to stay .40 S&W so I don't have to stock another caliber, but open to 9mm.

Started carrying my XD40SC today to see how much better, if at all, it feels for me vs the M&P. I carry everything IWB via Crossbreed holsters. Maybe the holster is my issue?
    I have the M&P 40C and the M&P Shield in the .40---- I love the shield. It's easy to carry and sometimes I don't [even] feel it through out the day in my belly band. However, make sure you practice plenty with it as it's "deceiving". In the hand it feels like a full frame gun however the short barrel takes a bit more practice at 10-15 yards. I was spot on with my 40C at 10, 15 and fairly accurate at 25 Yards...but with the Shield everything was low and left. I guess the shorter barrel accentuates your mistakes...eventually I worked through it with a simple re positioning of my finger on the trigger. BTW, search "low and left M&P shield---there's numerous threads on the subject.

Bottom line, I do love the shield and traded it straight up for my aging 92 FS---That's a gun I could NEVER shoot accurately.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

Do what you want. That's the cool thing about this. You don't need anyone's permission or opinion. I'm keeping mine. I like .40, I like capcity, I like ergonomics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast