Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Ditch my S&W M&P40C for new carry gun?

Apparently, no one wants to buy a M&P40c. Have been trying to sell for a while. Did something happen that I don't know about?

When the FBI moved from 40 to 9mm, no one thinks it's cool to have a 40 any more.

Still like mine!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
    Apparently, no one wants to buy a M&P40c. Have been trying to sell for a while. Did something happen that I don't know about?
    I'm selling my M&P9c, and I'm getting inquiries at $300 for the gun, a few extra mags, and a holster. It's not as desirable a carry gun as it was when I bought it, because so many new carry guns have come out since then. I've got an agreement to sell it on Friday, we'll see if he shows.

How much are you asking for the .40? Hopefully less than I am, or it'll be a tough sell.

(Bucks County)

I started to carry early nineties as I recall. First gun was a Sig p228 (9mm), I acquired a sig P239 in 9mm, then m&p compact in 9 and bought a m&p compact in 40. Which I like because it fits well in my hands and shoots as I expect. My summer EDC has been a Kahr MK9 elite. Without a doubt a comfortable pistol to carry, is accurate and carries well in my Ryan Grizzle IWB with a T-shirt . I practice with all of those and have IWB holsters for most and a belt OWB loop holster for a few. I do my dry fire and sight drills mostly with the m&p's. They are here to stay. I like the double stack capacity and can do a reload on the timer faster than the rest, most likely because I practice with the m&p compact more and the double stack mags just seem to grip and reload easier. Just got to thinking I do have a Beretta 950 .25cal I think was my first carry, (pocket holster) Still carry on occasion.

Lots of new guns out as you say but nothing convinces me it would make a difference in a defensive situation. Never hurts to try though! The only gun on my wish list would be a Kahr K40, just because of my positive experience with the Kahr. They are a slight bitter heavier the the poly frame, but when it's time to shoot and have faith with operation and accuracy I have confidence. And the MK9 or m&9c does ride on the hip well for car travel. So my opinion is the best carry can vary from week to week for me and I have confidence in my ability to carry and shoot either m&p c or Kahr MK9.

The first time I needed an EDC was Oct. 1960, but I was a young lad of 18 then with no gun then and my youth, conditioning and reflexes took control of the situation. But it's different now, engage in situational awareness.... always. And be prepared with whatever you carry. Make that decision and commitment NOW to assure yourself that's what you can commit to without hesitation or regret. cheers.......j

j

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'm selling my M&P9c, and I'm getting inquiries at $300 for the gun, a few extra mags, and a holster. It's not as desirable a carry gun as it was when I bought it, because so many new carry guns have come out since then. I've got an agreement to sell it on Friday, we'll see if he shows.

How much are you asking for the .40? Hopefully less than I am, or it'll be a tough sell.
    NRA endowment

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

$365 w/factory hard case & 3 mags. I do have a Crossbreed IWB holster for it too. Selling to get a G43 to replace it. Doesn't make sense to give it away as the plan is to use the $ for the G43

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123