Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Freedom Munitions files for Bankruptcy

Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Default Re: Freedom Munitions files for Bankruptcy

Huh, that sucks. I thought they were going gangbusters.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

Many seemed to like them, but I only bought once. Rusty remanufactured 9mm with bulged cases and several rounds with bullets set too deep. If that's even 20% of their output...

Looks like they might have over extend themselves big time with the new facilities they opened right before the bottom dropped out. That along with garbage customer service will kill a business dead.

(Tioga County)

Not surprised. I don't know what exactly it was but they always seemed like a flaky company. Funny enough, like HPR ammo, they gave ammo or paid youtubers to promote their products and both are out of business or in difficulties.

It’s hard to sell me on buying remanufactured 9mm ammo for $10.00 a box when I can get several different brands of quality factory ammo for $9-$10 a box delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    It’s hard to sell me on buying remanufactured 9mm ammo for $10.00 a box when I can get several different brands of quality factory ammo for $9-$10 a box delivered.
    Exactly. When they first started their reloads were a dollar or 2 less than new then add a sale on top and it was a deal. Now that it costs the same or more and they use garbage brass that most won't reload it's not worth it at all

They prob aren't closing though just "reforming" my company is going through bankruptcy but only closed 2 plants to make up for the 700million debt....

My last buy from them was 2016/08/22. Right around the time they "redesigned" their web site their pricing became non-competitive and their quality of product dropped. Their lack of useful "sales", their habit of raising prices before a sale (caught them doing that several times), and a diminished quality as others have noted, has kept me from even visiting their site to browse. For the record the vast majority of my purchases were reman'ed 9mm. They need to be in the $160/1000 shipped range on reman 9mm 124gr for me to consider buying, and even then if the powder load and QC are sketchy, it's not worth it; my shooting skills are good enough now that shitty ammo makes a difference.
    Member: NJ "undocumented" Felons Club. NRA Life Member

(Perry County)

Their 9mm ammo was causing my MP5 clone to short-stroke. Just their ammo, everything else made it shoot perfectly. My guess is the loads were light trying to squeeze every penny out of raw materials. I haven't bought any since.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast