Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Kahr CT9 - Are they any good?

Riding home from fishing yesterday I was driving past the Kahr Arms Tommygun Warehouse in Greeley, PA and saw that they were open. I swung in to see what the place looked like and what they had to offer. I never really looked at any Kahr pistols up close, so it was worth the stop.

I did look at quite a few of them, but a blued CT9 really stuck out as being a nicely sized, smaller carry gun. Very narrow, but with a larger grip than most subcompacts.

Does anybody own one and, if so, what do you think of it?

Photos encouraged.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Washington County)

Default Re: Kahr CT9 - Are they any good?

I did. I won’t lie. I hated it. It jammed enough for me to not want it any more. Uncomfortable to carry and shoot, that’s all opinionated though.

When NYPD authorized Kahs as backup heard nothing but complaints and recommended that you put a minimum 200 rounds thru it to break it in ! Get a Glock 43 ! Or go back to your old standby Kel-Tec PF -9,It worked flwlessley did it not !

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    When NYPD authorized Kahs as backup heard nothing but complaints and recommended that you put a minimum 200 rounds thru it to break it in ! Get a Glock 43!
    Exactly what I did. I traded mine for a Glock 43. Worth every penny spent.

No they're no good. Get a glock.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Cumberland County)

I have a few Kahr's - no CT9 but have an K9 NYPD trade, 380, etc.. I like them, shoot nice, well made, my only complaint with Kahr has always been they truly need several hundred rounds of break in. Unlike Glock's that are pretty much ready to go out of the box.
    My K9 police trade has never had a ftf or fte of any kind, and after break in my 380 has been fine - but that darn Kahr hard break in sucks.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I have a few Kahr's - no CT9 but have an K9 NYPD trade, 380, etc.. I like them, shoot nice, well made, my only complaint with Kahr has always been they truly need several hundred rounds of break in. Unlike Glock's that are pretty much ready to go out of the box.
    My K9 police trade has never had a ftf or fte of any kind, and after break in my 380 has been fine - but that darn Kahr hard break in sucks.
    I have the smallest of the Kahrs, the CW380, which is also known to be the most problematic.

I was ready to throw in the towel after trying 5 or 6 types of ammo, for 250-300 rds. Literally, every 3rd or 4th round was either a stovepipe, failure to return to battery, or light primer strike. I struggled through, cleaned it, and next range day was flawless and has been so since.

Why Kahr hasn't been improving/changing their tolerances to ease of break-in, I'll never know, maybe they're hyper accurate or something when broken in this way? Either way, they are very accurate pistols; if hickok45 can hit a gong at 80 yds with it consistently, then I have no one to blame but me for missing. I do shoot it very accurately, but I also cheat w/ a CT laser.

If Sig doesn't shape up on these P365 issues, then I'll be looking to snag a CM9 or PM9 in the future. Or hell, I might just get one just because, they're awesome little pistols (when finally broken in). Glock 43 is what it is, I would consider it a size class larger than these "true" pocket pistols.
    Last edited by rice rocket; June 16th, 2018 at 12:25 AM.

I had a CW9 for a few years and it ran great for me with all types of ammo including steel cased. I sold it to fund a G19 which I no longer have and wish I still had the CW9 due to its slim stature, and yes I have a G43 which is reliable but not as accurate or soft shooting. My brother was LE in DC and MD and for many years he carried a PM9 as a back up in his vest, again he had excellent reliability with his and still shoots it often.

(Butler County)

No CT9, but I have a CW9 and a K9. I love them both. The CW9 is the size of most of the 380's but (obviously) in 9mm. I'm able to shoot it remarkably well considering the size, and while it had some failures towards the beginning, it broke in well and has been problem free ever since. It rides in my front pocket daily.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    No they're no good. Get a glock.
    LOL! You're bad.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!