Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Ruger LCPII failure to eject

The LCP became famous while I was the Range Manager at everyone's favorite place. I remember many, many people having FTE's and stovepipes on those, and sending them in for repair left & right! I never had a problem firing any of the so called "defective" units. Another was the Sig 232. I had a police detective in one time who had just purchased one as an off duty weapon. He already had us send it back once for jamming. Getting it back this day and testing on the range, having stovepipe after stovepipe he asked me to check it. I proceeded to put a magazine through without a hitch. He then told me to shoot another, which I did with the same trouble free results. He shook his head and said, "maybe it just needed a little more break in". He loads up both mags and continued on....1 shot, 2 shots, STOVEPIPE! Increasingly irritated, he swaps mags. 1 shot, STOVEPIPE! He puts it down and asks me to shoot again. Same results I previously had. He almost grabs it from me, and says, "I don't get it!" What a POS!" I politely mention that I think it may be his grip. He gives me a look and says, "DUDE! I'm an F***ING COP! A DETECTIVE!! I know how to hold a F***ING gun!" I just nod, say "ok" and walk away. When I walked to the front sales counte after he left, I see his 232, in the case with a note containing his personal info. He asked to have it sent back for "repair" a SECOND TIME!
    Last edited by DavidH; June 11th, 2018 at 09:36 AM.

(Berks County)

I politely mention that I think it may be his grip.
    Yep.

(Allegheny County)

Thats what i thought also as it is small to hold onto. yet my original it happened only once - my first shot. It doesnt make sense. That is why i am trying a rubber grip on it before i do anything else. My first thought is usually grip issues for fte's but i was aware when shooting it. husband has issues also not to say it isn't his grip either though.

I carry a Glock26 w two spare loaded G-17 mags..always goes "bang"..and if 45 rds of +P JHP 9m will not allow me to get to my car trunk, then I've been somewhere I should have steered clear of... FWIW

I have a CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1 SBR that goes bang every time I pull the trigger.

FWIW
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Berks County)

Not to stir the pot, but IMHO grip is not only how one holds the guns grip, but also locking ones wrist.

Perhaps the wrist lock is done subconsciously at times.

(Allegheny County)

I have thought about this as i have not had these issues with any other guns i have shot. (and there have been a few)

I am holding it properly but i do need surgery on both hands - i just don't know if i do not have the strength with this tiny guns recoil to properly let the slide do its thing. It may just not be a good fit for my hand strength but once the Hogue grip comes i will give it my best shot (-:

Oh and i want one of those evos..... but they just won't fit in my pocket......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123