Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Clinton County)

Default Re: PA Oath Keepers - anyone a member?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Oath keeping is very time consuming.
    Like I said, I've been in charge of responding to incoming messages to our website since 2018 and have everything organized enough to feel confident enough to say I replied to every email I received, except for 3 that I have saved as spam and 2 that I forwarded to another leader. However, mistakes can definitely happen, and I've also found a lot of times I have sent replies but they've gone to spam and people never looked in their spam folders. The only reason I found this out was because they ended up messaging us through Facebook. If you go on our Facebook page you can see we have a good response time.

However, I think this brings up a point that needs to be talked about, though. We in the 'patriot' community can't be so unreasonable and quick to cut someone (or an organization) down, without trying to have some understanding first. Imagine you're a good worker but you messed up one little thing at work. Then your coworker goes over to your boss and puts you on blast like, "look he didn't do this right, he's such a failure." If the coworker was decent, he would've come to you and been like, hey man you messed this up, this is how you're supposed to do it. Now if he did tell you and you just didn't listen because you thought you knew more than him, then at that point you reap what you sow. The point is, you always give someone a chance to right their wrong before you go and turn your back on them. Unfortunately, a lot of people act like the first example, instead of being decent. This isn't directed at anyone here, but it's an important lesson.

What I said before and I'll say again, is myself and our other leaders can definitely make mistakes just like any human being. We also can have a problem we aren't aware of, but we're they type of people who are committed to sticking up for what's right and improving and building this organization. So, if there's some kind of problem, let us know because we will genuinely work to fix it.

(Mercer County)

PA Oathkeepers?

The same group that sent emails to it's members to only conceal carry and dress "well" for the 07 January rally in Pittsburgh? They were concerned about optics.

They can pound sand. They have meetings very close to me. As a member, I may attend the next one in Erie since Mercer activity seems to be lacking.

It is time to stand up, put on big boy pants and stop compromising, being tolerant, and complacent. The "other side" needs a strong kick in the nuts and if that means coming out, carrying firearms that are "scary", voicing our opinion, exercising our rights and being optically non -PC, then so be it.

Loud and Proud mother fuckers..let Unite and Rise stick to his lawyer talk.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    From the code of conduct;

"Pennsylvania Oath Keepers will not advocate, be a member of, or associate with, any organization, formal or informal, that advocates the overthrow of the government of the State of Pennsylvania, or of these United States, or the violation of the Constitutions thereof."

What if the government deserves to be overthrown?
    As long as it doesn't offend anyone, they might be in.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    From the code of conduct;

"Pennsylvania Oath Keepers will not advocate, be a member of, or associate with, any organization, formal or informal, that advocates the overthrow of the government of the State of Pennsylvania, or of these United States, or the violation of the Constitutions thereof."

What if the government deserves to be overthrown?
    We're simply stating that we aren't anarchists. We absolutely stand against tyranny. That's why I'm working so hard to get something together statewide so we can start 1.) Educating people about their rights and the Constitution so they can see how badly it's being disregarded. 2.) Educate people on how to spend their time and energy most effectively and efficiently to fight this politically and start holding oath breakers accountable to their actions. So many people say they are ready for war, but have no idea how terrible it would actually be. We have so much power to change the course of things if we all get organized and united. We can't be divided on small differences. That's why we're committed to the political process. Look at the French and what they're doing. They're making us look bad, quite honestly. If the political process fails and the government starts trying to disarm us and/or circumvent the Constitution in any other way, then it will be the duty of every American to work to restore the rule of law by whatever means is necessary. How great would it be to see these police officers arrest these politicians who knowingly enact illegal laws? That's what they swear their oath for.

Also, while we're on this subject: every gun owner reading this needs to call or email Pittsburgh City Council and voice your opposition to these ordinances Mayor Peduto had proposed. As of last week, the clerk did not have one person on file who had voiced opposition to these bills (even after the rally). I'm calling tomorrow, to verify the process. I have talked with Reps, Senators and their secretaries many times, but never spoken directly with a city clerk or city councilman/woman. I will let you know how it goes. I posted a link below with a contact list for their office.

http://pittsburghpa.gov/council/council-contacts

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by PA_Robert View Post
    PA Oathkeepers?

The same group that sent emails to it's members to only conceal carry and dress "well" for the 07 January rally in Pittsburgh? They were concerned about optics.

They can pound sand. They have meetings very close to me. As a member, I may attend the next one in Erie since Mercer activity seems to be lacking.

It is time to stand up, put on big boy pants and stop compromising, being tolerant, and complacent. The "other side" needs a strong kick in the nuts and if that means coming out, carrying firearms that are "scary", voicing our opinion, exercising our rights and being optically non -PC, then so be it.

Loud and Proud mother fuckers..let Unite and Rise stick to his lawyer talk.
    We're not gonna beat our chests to prove a point. We have a different approach than you, obviously. At least we were there supporting the cause. It would be different if we didn't go or if we said we don't support open carry. That's not what we were saying. We were saying we just have a different approach, and we'll be there, just with our guns concealed. We never once said people who open carried were stupid or below us. I think this is a prime example of how the 2A community eats their own. I don't have a friend in the world that I agree with on everything. But when I know they're a good person and working towards doing the right thing, I'm gonna stick up for them even if they have a different opinion than me. I'm not gonna turn my back on a friend over small differences.

Whether or not it means anything, we put together teams down in Harrisburg twice last year to go door to door and have intelligent debate with the Reps on different anti-gun legislation they were supporting. We were also able to collect over 2000 pro-gun signatures within a week on a petition that I personally delivered to Mike Turzai's office. If I had another 20 people with me, we could have really razzled them. These anti-gun politicians hate intelligent gun owners. I find pleasure in making them uncomfortable. We just need more people there inside, not outside. This is where the activism counts. You want to beat down the door, when you haven't even tried the door knob.

I've been respectful with everyone and said my peace. If you read what I had read, then you should have a better understanding of where our organization is. Either you support our stance or don't. I won't plead with you to change your opinion, but I believe that if you have an open mind and care about your family, your community, your Commonwealth and your country, that you should be able to support what we're doing even if you don't want to be a member. We are friends of the Constitution.

I'm not going to sit here and reply to every post, because I know how out of control forums get. If you actually have a legitimate question that I haven't already answered, PM me or check out/message our website or Facebook page. Or, come down to the NRA Great American Outdoor Show and talk to me. Booth 4714. I'll be working our booth every day except Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.

Best Regards,
    Chad Liguori
    Vice President
    Pennsylvania Oath Keepers

I never knew that much about them, but I've just looked over your organization's website and it looks like something worth joining. Keep up the great work and like you said, we need to stand together as gun owners. The other side is united and very organized...we fight with each other too much.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123