Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: What do you think, should this CC have gotten involved the way he did

By the look of it, we're talking about the Peoples Republic of Massachussetts. This was a state where there used to be an obligation to retreat rather than defend your house. Back in the Pleistocene Era when I lived there, DA Newman Flanagan prosecuted a man for not running from a burglar in his own house, but confronting him with a .22 rifle. The appeals court opinion was that the defendant did not have an obligation to leave his 14 YO daughter alone with a burglar.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: What do you think, should this CC have gotten involved the way he did

Quote Originally Posted by dannyb View Post
    By the look of it, we're talking about the Peoples Republic of Massachussetts. This was a state where there used to be an obligation to retreat rather than defend your house. Back in the Pleistocene Era when I lived there, DA Newman Flanagan prosecuted a man for not running from a burglar in his own house, but confronting him with a .22 rifle. The appeals court opinion was that the defendant did not have an obligation to leave his 14 YO daughter alone with a burglar.
    Pleistocene Era LMAO.
    Been around a while then?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I like how in the article it is pointed out that McKay has never served in the military or in law enforcement but once worked as a hospital security guard.
    I thought the Oath Keepers only took military and police?
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

If the dude just had one of these everything would have been copacetic for sure.

concealed-carry-permit-badge.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    I thought the Oath Keepers only took military and police?
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

People on this forum claim to be pro 2A, pro Constitution, pro freedom. Yet they are advocating that anti freedom mentality.

Yes all here should be ashamed for having an opinion. Now everyone go out buy a police scanner and start playing local vigilante games and expect it to go over well.
    Last edited by Hodgie; June 8th, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

I'd be OK with a neighbor seeing the guy beating the girl with a baseball bat and intervening with superior firepower (although it's not too smart to intervene too deeply in domestic cases, because they'll BOTH turn on you). I'm a proponent of armed good guys stopping armed bad guys from killing people.

Not so enthused about a guy hearing on his scanner 3rd-hand that a women told the dispatcher that the guy did something but had now left, and then he went out to assist the po po.

Not buying it about it being "for the children". The guy beat his girlfriend, not random stray rugrats.

If it was the Boston Bomber, or a rapist looking to strike again, or a kidnapper known for grabbing kids . . . then maybe you've got the exigent circumstances needed to be a Junior G-Man.

Not this. Would he have gone out unarmed? Probably not. Seems like maybe he did think that every gun comes with a badge.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Seems as though the police have forgotten about the Kitty Genovese tragedy. I guess they would prefer an indifferent populace to one that takes an interest in helping their neighbors.
    Seems like they forgot Peelian principles as well.
    Je suis déplorable

(Pike County)

As of the situation: not my circus, not my monkey, unless my (duty) radio says "officer needs assistance" and I'm in the immediate vicinity.
    Je suis déplorable

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Seems like they forgot Peelian principles as well.
    The peelers forgot them Years ago.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I guess you could wait until he comes back and kills the girl and then take action. Apparently he already had a court order to stay away from her and we see how well that worked out.
    And this is where I get torn between, being a good witness and taking action. Its a slippery slope!

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    I like how in the article it is pointed out that McKay has never served in the military or in law enforcement but once worked as a hospital security guard.
    I was thinking maybe Gecko45 himself, disguised of course.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    He should have sheltered on place.
    He should invest in soap on a rope. I dont see Mckay making it too long without being arrested. Not because of this incident, but something in the future.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast