Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: What do you think, should this CC have gotten involved the way he did

He didn't see the crime take place. He has no idea of the extent or grading of the crime committed, He makes a citizens arrest using the threat of deadly force. If he got the wrong guy he's in trouble. If the guy he tried to seize resists, he is going to be forced to use deadly force that may not be justified. I believe he went too far in his actions and if he wants to do what he did he needs to join a police department. I don't want to be walking down the street with a blue shirt on and having some scanner listening cop wannabe jump out with a gun trying to make a citizen's arrest because the police were looking for someone in a blue shirt.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; June 9th, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

(York County)

Default Re: What do you think, should this CC have gotten involved the way he did

I think if I know police are on the job and nearby, I keep a sharp eye and stay put until I see something definitive to act upon. Sort of a tough call, I feel like I want to hear more. If I know cops aren't nearby, or even am not sure, I think I might check it out. Don't think I'd charge headlong into poor decisions. Discretion is the key here. Three legged stool for me. AOJ sticks in my mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Seems as though the police have forgotten about the Kitty Genovese tragedy. I guess they would prefer an indifferent populace to one that takes an interest in helping their neighbors.
    There is a huuuge difference between not even calling 911 for a neighbors murderous screams and running out with your pistol because you heard a domestic on your scanner.

I can guarantee McKay will be using the services of a lawyer in the future.

(Monroe County)

After reading through the article and editing out the opinions from police and McKay. in my opinion this could have gone very bad fast. McKay should have minded his own business unless directly threatened or observing first hand an issue. I think at one time he wanted to be a cop and thinks he is one in his head. all the dumb comments in the article from the author and police are typical of the mindset that we should hide in place when threatened. McKay should have just stayed home and turned off his scanner before he becomes more ammo for the antis. But what do I know, its just my opinion and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one an many are full of shit.

(Erie County)

Reminds me of a guy looking for a suspicious character, while it was raining, dark, and his flashlight didn't even work.

And it was never mentioned once, during all the police interviews, "I was thinking of the children".
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Guys like this give all gun owners a bad name.
    No police in sight, and an armed maniac is running around the neighborhood is one thing. Listening to scanner so you can pin on your junior g-man badge and get in on the action is quite another.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

No he should not have.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Chester County)

The first thing you should think of is: "I AM NOT A COP".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123