Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Philadelphia CCW Roadblock

Hey Guys,

Just a quick issue and I wounder if any CCW Holders in Philla County have found a work around, success.

Here is the problem.
    (name and personal info changed)

I went to apply for my CCW in Philadelphia, was first in line, had money order, head shots everything etc. Got turned away because I am the II and my cable bill only had my last name no II or Middle Name.

They want it to match completely, so voter registration and license match 100%. My bank statement has John J. Doe II instead of John John Doe II. I called and asked if it is okay that my form of Id abbreviates my middle name with a letter and the lady said "well they like them to match exactly"

Anyone run into a similar issue? I don't have a car because I live in the city, and utility bills are included in rent, so I am not sure what I should use or if I go will they accept a bank statement even if its only J. instead of my full middle name?

Thanks all

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Philadelphia CCW Roadblock

Just call the cable company and have your name edited then reprint a bill statement.
    That is easier than the bank, although the bank would probably change it also with the right bonafides.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Erie County)

The PA UFA, § 6109. Licenses, makes mention of the City of First Class, twice, but no mention of any extra demands when applying.

https://beta.phila.gov/media/2017082...APP_080117.pdf

You can apply again, tell the officer to except the application, and if they deny, then they can explain, upon appeal, why they don't adhere to the UFA.

Oh, and when completing the app, SSN is clearly marked optional. Bring a dictionary, show them what the word means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Philadelphia County)

so the issue here is i called and asked and they need me to come in person with my license to change my name. my last resort i guess is finding an xfinity store somewhere and doing this

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TomHardy View Post
    so the issue here is i called and asked and they need me to come in person with my license to change my name. my last resort i guess is finding an xfinity store somewhere and doing this
    Just get it done dude, no sense making it more than it is.
    Philly sucks, we all know Philly sucks, it sucked yesterday, it sucks today, and it will suck tomorrow.
    If you want to live there you gotta put up with the suck or you can move on to greener pastures.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Erie County)

And having proof thru some utility bills does not really prove that you ACTUALLY reside at the address on the bills.

Your DL is the only piece of ID that requires you to provide notification to PennDOT of an address change.

And what is with the fingerprinting? Again, not required by state statute, or bringing in your own mug shots.

Somebody needs to make them explain all of this at an appeals hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Just get it done dude, no sense making it more than it is.
    Philly sucks, we all know Philly sucks, it sucked yesterday, it sucks today, and it will suck tomorrow.
    If you want to live there you gotta put up with the suck or you can move on to greener pastures.
    yeah i feel ya, i wont be in this county long but i just wanted to ask if anyone else ran into the issue of their middle name being J. instead of the full name and being turned away.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    And having proof thru some utility bills does not really prove that you ACTUALLY reside at the address on the bills.

Your DL is the only piece of ID that requires you to provide notification to PennDOT of an address change.

And what is with the fingerprinting? Again, not required by state statute, or bringing in your own mug shots.

Somebody needs to make them explain all of this at an appeals hearing.
    I wish I could... I guess the idea is to just make it as hard as possible for someone who a) isn't as knowledgeable or b) doesn't have spare cash to run around and complete all these random tasks with. It is bizarre because I could literally go into my utility bill in word, edit the name, save as pdf and print that out to have my full middle name instead of the first letter... as far as I am concerned if you can pass a background check to buy a firearm, you should be able to bring YOUR PROPERTY around with you wherever you like. "oh yes you can own this but you need to pay us extra money and jump through hoops if you want to drive with a pistol to a range and stop off somewhere for food"

You can apply again, tell the officer to except the application, and if they deny, then they can explain, upon appeal, why they don't adhere to the UFA.
    You would think so. But here in Monroe County, the sheriff also likes to think he's special and make up his own silly rules in adittion tot he state application. References must be county residents, bring in a copy of local 1% tax form. Fortunately they got slapped down by a lawsuit and stopped the vast majority of that nonsense. But their trick would be to simply not take the application (had to be handed in person). As in the guy behind the desk physically would just hand it back to you and not touch it. No application = no denial = no appeal = they don't have to explain shit to anybody.

Just move out of Filthadelphia!
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast