Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Default Re: cuomo; teachers get authority to remove guns

How about giving teachers the authority of removing a violent out of control problem child so the other kids don't have to put up with the bullying, fighting and harassment every day?
    Thow them out of school... Let the people that raised them deal with it, not the teachers or your children.

(Centre County)

^^^ problem with this is some schools actively seek those students to get the money that comes with them.....
    Let's go Brandon!!!

If they could get rid of the "problems" early, it would stop the bigger problems from happening later on.
    Last edited by :-); June 10th, 2018 at 06:53 PM.

(York County)

Even without a law, even here in PA it's already started...

Right after the Florida thing, my son was asked at school "do you have access to guns in your home?" (for no good reason, he's not a 'troubled' kid, unless getting bad grades in Math counts). He misinterpreted "access" to mean were there guns at all and said (honestly, but stupidly) "Yes."

Took a couple phone calls and multiple assurances to multiple anxious administrators that our guns are kept secured to get them off my back.

Granted, I didn't have to 'prove' the guns were secured, just say so and be reassuring. There was never a threat to come get the guns.

But certainly the intimidation factor was strong, and I was forced to justify myself on something I should never have been questioned about.

Yes, I coulda taken the "my constitutional rights are nunyo biz" approach. Maybe shoulda. As a practical matter, it was simply easier to keep saying "Oh he's so silly... we have a couple guns but they're kept locked in a gun safe in a locked room, to which he has neither the key nor the combination."

Doesn't change the fact that Commie Cuomo is proposing a VERY BAD thing. But it's not -just- about the laws.
    DGAF

(Wayne County)

Heck, almost everyone at our boys' schools know they shoot...competitively. And that their old man was/is a shooting sports instructor for Boy Scouts.

Heck, up here, most folks shoot. The benefit of being in the sticks, I guess.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    How about giving teachers the authority of removing a violent out of control problem child so the other kids don't have to put up with the bullying, fighting and harassment every day?
    Thow them out of school... Let the people that raised them deal with it, not the teachers or your children.
    One of the things that lead to our decision to home school was an incident with our oldest when he was in 3rd grade he got attacked by a kid in the bathroom. Apparently this kid, by the 3rd grade, was already bad enough that he had an adult supervisor with him at all times, well, except for when he went to the bathroom. Talking to the principal in the matter didn't help matters.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by :-) View Post
    What he said +++

Teachers can't even get violent students removed from their own classroom and Cuomo wants to give them the authority to order guns removed from private homes without the benefit of any due process? WTF!?

Even the NEA will likely give as much attention to this one as a fart at the garden party.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    Under the measure, teachers and school administrators would have legal standing to petition a court to remove any firearms from the homes of students considered a threat to themselves or others. New York would be the first state in the nation with such a law if the bill passes

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...bled-students/

There is so much that can go wrong with this proposal. Just confiscating property based upon an evaluation of a child by a person who is not a trained Psychologist or Psychiatrist (they're better paid than school teachers) sound shaky.

The gun control lobby is getting really hysterical lately.

One wonders if they're tossing so much sh-t at the walls, hoping that something, anything, will stick.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclectic Collector View Post
    What he said +++

Teachers can't even get violent students removed from their own classroom and Cuomo wants to give them the authority to order guns removed from private homes without the benefit of any due process? WTF!?

Even the NEA will likely give as much attention to this one as a fart at the garden party.
    In the past, I've suggested to my wife that she get a restraining order against a child prone to violence in the classroom. If administration won't lift a finger to protect the teachers and other students, dump the problem in their lap and make life difficult!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345